Hardware Disassembled 3DS

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I took apart my 3rd because the game card slot ate my game , I ripped it out and the metal slot cover ripped (yea I'm beast lol) anyway it wasn't under warranty so I said screw it and took it apart to replace it myself (I have done a ndsl before pretty easy) and I have my cover off now I'll have pics soon I guess anything u guys want to see particually

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean buy "it are my game"? Try to put your fingernail above the sticker and pull it out.

Nope damage is done , it wouldn't let my card go out even if u push it in , tried that , I got the MOB of the card but some of the plastic is in there and re metal casing on the slot ripped

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
man...as soon as a "mario party 3D" game is in my posession, i will find myself disassembling my 3DS the whole time as well as spending tons of money for new analog-sticks...

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
"I have done a ndsl before pretty easy" :creep: "I have my cover off now" :creep: "I'll have pics soon" :creep:

"I guess anything u guys want to see particually"

How about doggy-style?

:creep:

Reactions: 5 people

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats cool, taking stuff apart is fun. I just never get to putting it back together and by the time I want to I have already lost that dumb nintendo screwdriver. Anyways try switching the screens around have the 3D one on bottom and the touch on top it would make Kid Icarus a 100 times easier.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If we've had ripped-open 3DSes hit the net already, why are we still in the dark about the actual hardware? I mean, people are STILL arguing about whether the dual core processors are 256mhz or 800mhz. Wouldn't examining the actual physical contents (from a skilled individual who knows what they're doing, of course) give us a for-sure idea of the 3DS hardware capabilities?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Because like on DS hardware, all components (DSP,GPU,CPU) are packaged into one-solution chip to prevent piracy/reduce costs

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Because like on DS hardware, all components (DSP,GPU,CPU) are packaged into one-solution chip to prevent piracy/reduce costs
Interesting... clever move. But from Nintendo's end, wouldn't that make it more expensive to repair if someone sent a defective one in? Since they'd either have to dig inside to fix the components, or replace the one-solution chip entirely?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting... clever move. But from Nintendo's end, wouldn't that make it more expensive to repair if someone sent a defective one in? Since they'd either have to dig inside to fix the components, or replace the one-solution chip entirely?
Thats the beauty of it, because they only have one chip for it, all they have to do is pop it out and pop another back in, meanwhile hackers cant get into the CPU because of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference