Direct Disc Access mode in multiman

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jalaneme, Sep 15, 2012.

Sep 15, 2012
  1. jalaneme
    OP

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    how to access it? since version 2 deank removed the feature to play ps1 games by default and i can't seem to find the option to put it back on, can anyone help me with this problem, google is no help and just links to the multiman release list copy and paste jobs, no where does it explain how to access this Direct Disc Access mode please help because i won't be able to play ps1 games ever again if i can't find this setting.

i looked at all options and there is no Direct Disc Access mode to turn it off or on, i pressed triangle on all setting options and all it says is copy to iso, reset settings, no Direct Disc Access setting, please help!

edit: nevermind found it, just incase anyone is in my situation in the future, go to settings, system information and press triangle the option is there! god knows how it appeared because i pressed triangle on every option and i didn't see it before, maybe it's laggy who knows and cares i have it working now :)

edit: another edit, nope still made no difference, ps1 games show as a ps2 game disc and there seems nothing more i can do to change it! i guess it's game over for me unless someone finds a solution, highly unlikely, my only option right now is to downgrade multiman before the self righteous twat removed the setting in the first place and that is version 2 or version 1.

2. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    PS1 games play just fine on the newest Multiman.Maybe its your disc's.

3. jalaneme
    OP

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    so can you explain why they worked perfectly fine before? all my ps1 game disc booted fine in version 2, it was only recently when i upgraded that i find out i can't boot any ps1 game disc when trying to play a ps1 game disc today, really mad right now! i don't want to downgrade but it seems i have no choice right now, there is no other solution and that direct access rubbish didn't do anything, i need to stay on version 4 because some ps3 games don't work on version 2 so what the hell do i do now?

4. SickPuppy

Member SickPuppy New Member

United States
    If you are trying to boot retail PS1 games, then use the sony xmb, not multiman. But last I heard, mm should boot ps1 backups. There is also "one". http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/update-one-release-v-11-11-11-games-saves-binary-day-1651/