Hacking Dios mios V 2.1.0

Xxboomxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got all the right stuff its just when i hit boot it just stays black and decides not to load so what im i suppose to do it doesnt work on the booter or Configurable usb loader lastest version so how do i fix this?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess would be you have an incompatible usb hdd, do you have a usb stick to or something else to test with?

Xxboomxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seagate wouldnt be supported? and i do and it what it does it just copiess my shit to the sd card which doesnt have enough space when i use my flash drive when i use the usb hdd it just stays black screen

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess it's a typo, but if you really use DIOS MIOS 2.1, update to 2.10
be careful when you give the version number, it's not a base 10, after 2.9 it's not 3.0 but "2.10" (2 is the major version, 10 is the minor version. )

Seagate are not always compatible.
I have a Seagate Free agent Go, and it's randomly compatible because the USB adapter doesn't provide the correct data to the host (sometime it provides "seagate" and sometime it provides "OEM HDD" as drive name, and a different PID/VID and interface).
When Seagate provide "OEM", DIOS MIOS is waiting in a HDD reset loop until the interface provide the correct drive name which never come, that's why it freeze on a black screen (before the loader's splash screen).
The solution is to shut down and try again few times until it works. (be sure that your drive is correctly setup, correct partition format, cluster size, etc.)
If after ~10 tries it still doesn't work, it's probably your drive which is not compatible.

mmilhoan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As with what I am going through right now, I would just go with DML, that's just my opinion, Dios Mios is way to complicated, cause you might think you have the right stuff but there are many reasons why it's not. I got DML to work right away, but if you do make sure you have a good class SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1