Hacking Dios Mios: Phantasy Star Online I & II Functionality?

killerloader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YEAHHPPP still cant get it to work, ive tried NTSC and PAL, DiscEx compressed, and GcreeX AND Gamecube ISO tool to convert it to a folder.
Ive also tried most option combinations, but all i get is either a black screen, "An error has occured", "Please insert the Phantasy Star Online I&II disc" and "The disc tray is open"
Help anyone, tell me the exact steps you took to get it to work.

What region game do you have.
Did you use GcreeX, DiscEx OR "Gamecube ISO tool" or something else, and which version.
When you used GcreeX/DiscEx/GCisoTOOL, what options did you use?
What launcher are you using, And which version. (UsbloaderGX, DIosMiosBooter, Wiiflow)
The exact combination of settings you are using.
DM or DML (I dont think this should matter)
DM/DML version
Any other helpful information.

killerloader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got PSO to work, here is my info:
NTSC wii
Pal version of PSO I&II
DM 2.2
UsbLoaderGX:
- All the DML settings to "false" Besides "Activity led" was set to true.
I used an extracted version of the game with Gcrrex format

Make sure you dont have two PSO I&II games in your \games directory, this is what gave me the erorr :S
I used GameCube Iso Tool to extract to Gcreex format, with default settings.

Hope this helps :S

[EDIT]

I had a gamecube controller in slot 1 ANd a memory card in Slot A, so that didnt seem to affect anything.

Web-Mode seems to goto a black screen :P

DiscoStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC wii
Pal version of PSO I&II
DM 2.2
UsbLoaderGX:

Make sure you dont have two PSO I&II games in your \games directory, this is what gave me the erorr :S

[EDIT]

I had a gamecube controller in slot 1 ANd a memory card in Slot A, so that didnt seem to affect anything.

Hmm I tried the same settings as you said, I even switched from CFG to UsbLoaderGX (lovin' it btw) but I still can't manage it to work. when you say false, you mean that all of the DML settings are off, right? and LED is the only one you have on?

killerloader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NTSC wii
Pal version of PSO I&II
DM 2.2
UsbLoaderGX:

[EDIT]

Hmm I tried the same settings as you said, I even switched from CFG to UsbLoaderGX (lovin' it btw) but I still can't manage it to work. when you say false, you mean that all of the DML settings are off, right? and LED is the only one you have on?
Thats right O.O
Sure you dumped it with GC iso tool to Gcrrex format?

DiscoStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah :/ I can get every other game to wrok ecept for this one, so I dont think my wii is missing anything... the only thing that happens differently now is after the DM screen, it flashes green for a second.

killerloader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah :/ I can get every other game to wrok ecept for this one, so I dont think my wii is missing anything... the only thing that happens differently now is after the DM screen, it flashes green for a second.

I also had a disc in the drive, if that helps LOL >.<
Sorry, i can't really help, i could link you to the PAL version i downloaded, but i doubt these forums will allow it, so give me your email and ill give the link to the ISO im using, and the full steps i used :)
Then we will see if it works :P

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
I got it to work, but didn't compress it (straight rip from original dvd).

According to crediar the patches are very specific, maybe you're using a different revision of PSO i&ii which is slightly different, hence the game won't work?

About the network stuff:

- of course network screen goes blank - how can the game access GC-Settings (that cube-menu), if it doesn't exist?
- of course networking does not work - the game can't use the new devices and neither DM/DEVO provide a proper abstraction layer (yet?)

Edit: besides AFAIK the servers are down - so that doesn't even matter.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
- of course network screen goes blank - how can the game access GC-Settings (that cube-menu), if it doesn't exist?
Network settings aren't handled by the cube's system menu, they are handled by an alternate .elf progam included with the game (also has a web browser to purchase a "hunter's license").
Edit: besides AFAIK the servers are down - so that doesn't even matter.
It's easy to use unofficial servers, all it requires is entering a manual DNS server (and possibly registering an account with them if they require it beforehand).

PurpleK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After countless hours, I've finally managed to get this game to run.

I'll explain what you will need and how I did it in detail.

Required Tools

1) GameCube ISO Tool(Wii Backup Manager) - HERE

2) DiscEx - I'm sure you can find it somewhere, I'm lazy lol

3) PSO Episode 1&2 NTSC - Read the comments in this YouTube video to find out where to get the 1:1 .iso of PSO.

Loader Used

DM(L) Booter - Runs of USB

Requires Dios Mios 2.2

Step by Step instructions on how to create the ISO/Files needed for the game

1) Make sure you have your iso, GameCube ISO Tool, and DiscEx.exe in memorable locations.
2) Launch GameCube ISO Tool (gcit.exe) and click open ISO.
3) Locate your downloaded pso.iso and click "Save ISO" > "Full Size" (No idea why this worked for me, but I'm not complaining)
4) After saving it to the same location as DiscExe, drag the newly created iso (should be named something like "PSO 1&2[GPOE8P]") onto DiscEx
5) Depending on the version, you may or may not be given the option to compress it. DO NOT!
6) If you have followed the instructions correctly, you should end up with a folder named "GPOE8P" and the contents "sys" and "game.iso" inside of it.
7) In your USB HDD/Flash Drive create a folder called "games" if you haven't already. It's important that its all lowercase, as this is what most loaders use to find the games.
8) Drag the folder "GPOE8P" into the games folder.
7) Congratulations, you have successfully finished the hard part of this tutorial ;)

Launching the game from DM(L) Booter

1) launch DM(L) Booter from the HBC.
2) Make sure your current device is set to USB (press - on wii mote or L on GC controller to switch between SD & USB)
3) If your device is recognized and you correctly put the "GPOE8P" folder inside the usb:/games folder you should see PSO 1&2 show up below "Boot Disc"
4) Before you start the game, you'll need use these settings inside GM(L) by activating the game operations menu.
5) Press B on your wii mote and you should now be on Page 1/3.
6) Replicate my settings as given.

Boot Method: New (DM 2.1+)
Language: English
Video Mode: Auto
Booter Drive Reset: Off
NTSC - J Patch: No
Video Patching: Auto

Page 2/3 (Press + to go to next page)

Everything on this page should be OFF
The only exception is NMM if you don't have a GC memory card in slot A

Page 3/3

Make sure you have a disk inside the drive
You can try turning NO Disc off if you dont wanna use a dummy disc(Don't know if the game will still work)

Note: These are just the settings I used to get the game to work. I'm sure you can turn on some of these if you felt like it.

7) Press B and click PSO and you're done :)

The game should now run smoothly ;)
Keep in mind after the splash screen it can take up to 15 seconds before you see the spinning loading symbol in the bottom right corner.

Hopefully this guide will work with everyone, if not then I'm sorry and I tried my best to help out others.
thx to everyone for all the trial and error information! It's motivated me to not give up and search for a solution.

DiscoStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still Nothing!! I've gone through 3 METHODS and I've yet to see any results. Could there be something wrong with my Wii? My disc drive is almost dead (can only read GC games half the time) but other than that, I don't know what it could be.
I have DM 2.2, All of my loaders updated, all of the settings are right...I've checked my devices numerous times for any interfering files, there's nothing...maybe I'll try a different empty drive just to be safe? I'd hate to sound like a noob, but fuck! I'm not giving up, I WILL have this game!

Reactions: portugeek

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After countless hours, I've finally managed to get this game to run.

I'll explain what you will need and how I did it in detail.

Required Tools

1) GameCube ISO Tool(Wii Backup Manager) - HERE

2) DiscEx - I'm sure you can find it somewhere, I'm lazy lol

3) PSO Episode 1&2 NTSC - Read the comments in this YouTube video to find out where to get the 1:1 .iso of PSO.

Loader Used

DM(L) Booter - Runs of USB

Requires Dios Mios 2.2

Step by Step instructions on how to create the ISO/Files needed for the game

1) Make sure you have your iso, GameCube ISO Tool, and DiscEx.exe in memorable locations.
2) Launch GameCube ISO Tool (gcit.exe) and click open ISO.
3) Locate your downloaded pso.iso and click "Save ISO" > "Full Size" (No idea why this worked for me, but I'm not complaining)
4) After saving it to the same location as DiscExe, drag the newly created iso (should be named something like "PSO 1&2[GPOE8P]") onto DiscEx
5) Depending on the version, you may or may not be given the option to compress it. DO NOT!
6) If you have followed the instructions correctly, you should end up with a folder named "GPOE8P" and the contents "sys" and "game.iso" inside of it.
7) In your USB HDD/Flash Drive create a folder called "games" if you haven't already. It's important that its all lowercase, as this is what most loaders use to find the games.
8) Drag the folder "GPOE8P" into the games folder.
7) Congratulations, you have successfully finished the hard part of this tutorial ;)

Launching the game from DM(L) Booter

1) launch DM(L) Booter from the HBC.
2) Make sure your current device is set to USB (press - on wii mote or L on GC controller to switch between SD & USB)
3) If your device is recognized and you correctly put the "GPOE8P" folder inside the usb:/games folder you should see PSO 1&2 show up below "Boot Disc"
4) Before you start the game, you'll need use these settings inside GM(L) by activating the game operations menu.
5) Press B on your wii mote and you should now be on Page 1/3.
6) Replicate my settings as given.

Boot Method: New (DM 2.1+)
Language: English
Video Mode: Auto
Booter Drive Reset: Off
NTSC - J Patch: No
Video Patching: Auto

Page 2/3 (Press + to go to next page)

The only exception is NMM if you don't have a GC memory card in slot A

Page 3/3

Make sure you have a disk inside the drive
You can try turning NO Disc off if you dont wanna use a dummy disc(Don't know if the game will still work)

Note: These are just the settings I used to get the game to work. I'm sure you can turn on some of these if you felt like it.

7) Press B and click PSO and you're done :)

The game should now run smoothly ;)
Keep in mind after the splash screen it can take up to 15 seconds before you see the spinning loading symbol in the bottom right corner.

Hopefully this guide will work with everyone, if not then I'm sorry and I tried my best to help out others.
thx to everyone for all the trial and error information! It's motivated me to not give up and search for a solution.

I was only able to find one copy of this game that actually stated it was the 1.01 version needed for NTSC
Same as this user but i found it needs to be in GCReEx 0.3 format, not DiscEx .
1 to 1 copy do not compress
with USB loader GX rev1200 and 1201 i had to Turn off 'Padhook" for NTSC to work other wise black screen only.

On the PAL version, same as above but could leave "Padhook" = Global and it played fine.
tested on NTSC Wii

Game works fine Dios Mios Booter as well.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Both versions (NTSC-U and PAL) work no problem for me
by using CFG mod r37 with all default settings +DM 2.2.
(I didn't put any disc and didn't turn off padhook,either)

Pls make sure ISO file information (crc/md5/sha1) is the same as :

http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GPOE8P (v1.01)
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GPOP8P (v1.00)

BTW, I used 1:1 dump ISO file to test. (no compressed)

JeffreyNarvaez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Still Nothing!! I've gone through 3 METHODS and I've yet to see any results. Could there be something wrong with my Wii? My disc drive is almost dead (can only read GC games half the time) but other than that, I don't know what it could be.
I have DM 2.2, All of my loaders updated, all of the settings are right...I've checked my devices numerous times for any interfering files, there's nothing...maybe I'll try a different empty drive just to be safe? I'd hate to sound like a noob, but fuck! I'm not giving up, I WILL have this game!

Finally got the game working, the previous iso I had apparently wasn't the right one. Found the right one and used grex and it's running great! Sadly my old file on my memory card (among which was a lvl 145 FOmar) got corrupted and so I have to start over. May mess around with cheats to get to where I was and work from there.

DiscoStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the info guys, but still not a thing. I'm going to set up my sis's wii the same way soon and see what happens. I know for a FACT I'm doing everything right (What are the odds of me messing up 5 methods in a row? XD) I have the right iso, I tried a different hard drive, All I can come up with is that it's my Wii. I noticed everytime i hook my hard drive up to my com, a new .ccc file is in the game folder, that says it was created March 25th or something. I'm not sure if maybe this a file being pulled from previous experiments with this game? I'm considering restoring my wii to factory settings just to be sure!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44