Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have compatibilty issues (although the compatibility list says that they will work) with these games.
Some of them won't even start (green screen) and AUF starts but stops loading at the first level.
- 007: Agent Under Fire (EU)
- 007: From Russia with Love (EU)
- 007: Nightfire (EU)
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (EU)

I tried RAW and optimized and used CFG loader and DIOS MIOS loader but none of them did work.

Strange thing is that the 'incompatible' Medal of Honor: Frontline (EU) is working fine (as do a lot of other games)

US versions of the 007 games work just fine ..... ??? and I am sure that the EU versions are 1:1 copies.. sp what can be the problem?

btw: WII is 4.2E with DM 2.5

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
i would make an iso..... would be the best way... but i cant find a way to create a multidisc iso? i only found tutorials for devolution....
Just make two ISO's, one for each disk, and just put the first one on the Wii. The nice thing about the resident evil games, as I hear, is that they ask you to save before the disk swap point so just play along on disk 1. Once you get to the point where you have to switch disks it will ask you to save. Once you've saved it will ask you to switch disks. Just turn it off and switch out for the other ISO you made. Start it up and play the rest of the game out on disk 2.

Reactions: mclow

biolizard89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to disable debug printfs over the USB Gecko in slot B? While the game is booting, I get output similar to the following on the USB Gecko:

Code:
<< Dolphin SDK - EXI    release build: Mar 11 2003 11:19:00 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - SI    release build: Sep  5 2002 05:33:08 (0x2301) >>
Dolphin OS
Kernel built : Mar 17 2003 04:20:41
Console Type : Retail 2
Memory 24 MB
Arena : 0x801b7940 - 0x817e0680
<< Dolphin SDK - OS    release build: Mar 17 2003 04:20:41 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - DVD    release build: Oct 29 2002 09:56:49 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - VI    release build: Sep  5 2002 05:33:13 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - GX    release build: Feb  7 2003 04:01:13 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - PAD    release build: Sep  5 2002 05:34:02 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - AR    release build: Sep  5 2002 05:34:27 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - ARQ    release build: Sep  5 2002 05:34:29 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - CARD  release build: Sep  5 2002 05:35:20 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - DSP    release build: Sep  5 2002 05:35:13 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - AI    release build: Sep  5 2002 05:34:25 (0x2301) >>
<< Dolphin SDK - AX    release build: Mar 11 2003 11:19:39 (0x2301) >>

As a result, the game hangs on boot if nothing is reading the USB Gecko on the PC side, and apps such as WiiRD, Gecko.NET, and GeckoTunnel either have problems or can't connect at all. Tested on F-Zero GX and Mario Kart Double Dash, on USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow, and DML Booter, with DML 2.5.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PiXi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi guys!

Have the serious problem.

DiosMios has randomly shutdown my Wii, sometime game can run perfectly but in the next time when I start the same game DM just power off the console or it may showing black screen and nothing happens, in this case only Power button can help. I use latest DM 2.5 and latest versions of two different loaders, CFG USB Loader v70 MOD r49 and USB Loader GX r214 but they both have the very same issues. NoDisc or disc in drive not helping either.

Here's the SysCheck log: http://syscheck.softwii.de/G1LgjukB

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DIOS MIOS (Lite) is shutting down the console if it encounters any problem.
Just try again, until the game boot. Maybe it's the loader's problem, but I didn't find any pattern causing this problem yet.

Syscheck won't help, you need to have BC v6 and DIOS MIOS installed (which is already the case).

squiddingme

you gotta be squiddin' me
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone manage to get Zelda Collector's Edition or Master Quest working on USB 2.3+? I can boot them but if I try to actually play any of the games from the menu I get black screen.

PiXi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks Cyan!

Cyan
Syscheck won't help, you need to have BC v6 and DIOS MIOS installed (which is already the case).
Is there any way to get a log and see why DM has shutdown the console or hangs in black screen?

Such instability fears me a lot.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any way to get a log and see why DM has shutdown the console or hangs in black screen?

Such instability fears me a lot.
no fear to have. just try again until it work.
There are logs, but not for this part.
The release builds don't have any logs detailing what happened and why it decided to shut down the console.

your games never launched, or randomly launched?
if it never launched at all, try DIOS MIOS Lite with SD card, the problem could be your HDD. if it helps, try another HDD/usb stick.

PiXi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
your games never launched, or randomly launched?

Game can run perfectly but sometimes when I start the same game DM just power off the console.

I don't think it's because of my USB HDD drive, Devolution works fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then it's just random shutdown, you need to try again until it works. I didn't find a pattern to reproduce it, and it's doing it with all loaders.
I don't remember is it's doing it when launched from the system menu, I didn't test enough time from there.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a nooby question but whats audio streaming with DM? and with DM updates do they improve the compatibility list at all with non working games or games that dont support NMM?

Games like Star Fox Adventures stream audio on the fly, constantly accessing the data to properly output audio and voices. Without it, the game has no audio.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the other day me and some friends were playing Mario Party 6 using DM and noticed the game skipping a bit and finally it errored out. It has done this to me before with a couple other games. Seems to be random. HDD isn't falling asleep from what I can tell. Is this most likely bad game dumps? I may try just using the ISo instead of using DiscEX to see if it helps.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
So the other day me and some friends were playing Mario Party 6 using DM and noticed the game skipping a bit and finally it errored out. It has done this to me before with a couple other games. Seems to be random. HDD isn't falling asleep from what I can tell. Is this most likely bad game dumps? I may try just using the ISo instead of using DiscEX to see if it helps.

Funny you should mention that particular game, it's the most played one in DM by my sisters, before the update that fixed the sleep of my hard drive (I don't think the update is been released just yet) there was some skipping occasionally with the audio, but the only was the game can freeze is if you pause it for a while, other than that it can not go sleep because there is a BGM in every screen but the pause menu (which is something missing in Mario Party 9)!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0