Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Fgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any advantage to having GC games in a particular format (DiscEX, GCReEx etc) and running them via DM USB or do they all give the same performance?

gamecube version runs in 480p, 4:3
Wii version 480p. 16:9

They look the same to me outside of the wii version having widescreen support.
Use your wii in 4:3 and compare both games, you'll see that he cubes picture is far more defined.

Are you using PAL or NTSC versions? There are video problems with the PAL version of TP that aren't widely documented. If you have them try playing both the PAL and NTSC versions of TP on the Wii in progressive scan and you will notice that the NTSC version looks significantly better.

SuchATroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was using DML before, and now with DM I want to install my Cube games to Configurable USB Loader. I installed the .wad and I updated Configurable USB Loader to the latest version and I changed the DML version to DM in the settings. But when I try to install the games it does it on the SD card. Is it because my drive is WBFS? Do i need to format the whole drive to get this working?

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway to load cheats?
Cheats work fine for using fix94's dml booter. I put the gct file for the game I want to cheat into it's gameid folder where the game.ISO is located.

This method is confirmed working with DML but not with DM , is this an update needed to DM or the Loaders?
"Gameid.gct" must be the same id as ur game, inside the folder where the game.iso is .
Yes the same method works for me using dios mios 2.0
I have the shadow the hedgehog game in my usb hdd under games and in it's own folder "[GUPE8P] SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG" and it's .gct created by Accio Hacks in there as well
I go to load up DML_booter_SVN_r26_HBC_Pack under HBC and make sure to press b and turn cheats on, then I start the game and it loads up and plays absolutly fine, BUT none of the codes loaded up!
I tried it with Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 as well, but none of the codes loaded up on there either!
What am I doing wrong?
Here is a picture of the extension so you see I set it up correctly:
errorpm.jpg

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was using DML before, and now with DM I want to install my Cube games to Configurable USB Loader. I installed the .wad and I updated Configurable USB Loader to the latest version and I changed the DML version to DM in the settings. But when I try to install the games it does it on the SD card. Is it because my drive is WBFS? Do i need to format the whole drive to get this working?
Just move the game to the USB drive.

SuchATroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh.
Well I already deleted the games. /feelsdumb

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh.
Well I already deleted the games. /feelsdumb
So rerip them.

rainbowvegas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway to load cheats?
Cheats work fine for using fix94's dml booter. I put the gct file for the game I want to cheat into it's gameid folder where the game.ISO is located.

This method is confirmed working with DML but not with DM , is this an update needed to DM or the Loaders?
"Gameid.gct" must be the same id as ur game, inside the folder where the game.iso is .
Yes the same method works for me using dios mios 2.0
I have the shadow the hedgehog game in my usb hdd under games and in it's own folder "[GUPE8P] SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG" and it's .gct created by Accio Hacks in there as well
I go to load up DML_booter_SVN_r26_HBC_Pack under HBC and make sure to press b and turn cheats on, then I start the game and it loads up and plays absolutly fine, BUT none of the codes loaded up!
I tried it with Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 as well, but none of the codes loaded up on there either!
What am I doing wrong?
Here is a picture of the extension so you see I set it up correctly:
errorpm.jpg
Try this and tell me if it works https://rapidshare.com/files/4191217186/GUPE8P.gct

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Baten Kaitos: Origins (DISC 1) [NTSC] - Not Working (freezes after New Game is selected)
Final Fantasy - Crystal Chronicles [PAL] - Perfect

That'd be it for today's testing.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any advantage to having GC games in a particular format (DiscEX, GCReEx etc) and running them via DM USB or do they all give the same performance?

gamecube version runs in 480p, 4:3
Wii version 480p. 16:9

They look the same to me outside of the wii version having widescreen support.
Use your wii in 4:3 and compare both games, you'll see that he cubes picture is far more defined.

Are you using PAL or NTSC versions? There are video problems with the PAL version of TP that aren't widely documented. If you have them try playing both the PAL and NTSC versions of TP on the Wii in progressive scan and you will notice that the NTSC version looks significantly better.

Yes, as a matter of fact I'm using my PAL Wii , and using the ntsc version of the Gamecube game....
I will see if I can get a hold of the ntsc version for Wii...cool did'nt knew that....

My wii version of TP looks softer and blurry compared to the ntsc GC version.
And I mean really softer....

Thank you for the info!

EDIT: seems I'm not the only one: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60717

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Actually, I think the point IS the fact that your HDD is WBFS. It needs to be FAT32. Use this to convert it without losing any of the games http://gbatemp.net/topic/291320-wbfs2fatpy/

rainbowvegas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are(is) the code(s)?
Inf rings and ammo.
tried it with the dios mios loader and cfg usb loader...nothing
In your iso folder I noticed you have it named as [GUPE8P] SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG try re-naming that folder to just GUPE8P
WHOOP!
thanks dude that did the trick!what a sensitive system...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
In your iso folder I noticed you have it named as [GUPE8P] SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG try re-naming that folder to just GUPE8P
WHOOP!
thanks dude that did the trick!what a sensitive system...
Unfortunately, having the folder name changed was the only way to have both disk1 and disk2 for multi disk games show up in the loader. Looks like that means only one will have the cheats applied unless we want to manually rename them when restarting to switch disks.

I guess the loader could always store them as "game1.iso" and "game2.iso" and rename the right one before launching but none do that at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...