Dios Mios Lite Not appearing

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Starwolf122, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Starwolf122
    OP

Starwolf122 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2014
    United States
    I am running system version 4.3U and have a cIOS base 38 and IOS 249
    I used wadmanager 1.7 to load the Dios Mios Lite Wad and it did thatsuccessfully, but it doesn't show ip in the apps menu or anywhere is there something im missing out on?
    Let me know if you need more information

2. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Dios mios installed over your mios slot so it doesn't show in the apps. You need to launch a gamecube game with an usb loader with dios mios selected as the gamecube boot option

or you use Nintendont as your gamecube loader instead because it's much easier to set up and use

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  3. SomeWeirdSin

SomeWeirdSin GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2014
    United States
    Under the bridge

Dios Mios doesn't appear as an app. If you are using usb-loader gx, just look in the top right corner in the "credits" section and it will show that you have it. If you are looking for just an app of Dios Mios, download Dios Mios Booter. It works well, but I prefer to load the games from my usb-loader gx.

Just a little extra information, try cIOS249 base 56, and cIOS250 base 57. With that combination you will have the capability of running all Wii games from your HDD.

4. Starwolf122
    OP

Starwolf122 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2014
    United States
    Since Im using dios mios lite can I load it through my sd car and save manager GX if so...how?

5. TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth :P
    Ya your best bet is to just use Nintendont as it doesntt require tampering with CIOS's or any of that nonsense. Work smarter not harder ;-)

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    you need a backup loader, for example wii flow or usb loader GX, and use it to launch your gamecube games on the sd card

7. Starwolf122
    OP

Starwolf122 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2014
    United States
    I am using nintedont now and its working great. I still have few questions 1. What is a good way to compress the files if there is? 2. does nintendont have support for sdxc cards? 3. is there a list of compatible games as well as possibly listing if audio streaming is possible? 4. does DM support more games then nintendont? 5. If so can I run the two alongside each other temporarily?

Thanks for the great support guys!

8. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis

you can have them both, dios mios is a replace of a IOS (in this case mios) and nintendont is a separate app.

the same guy did them both.

dios mios is like a mod of the original mios
    nintendont is an interpreter, its like an emulator but in this case it doesn't emulate because it can do natively. (info: http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/ )

please note, there are 2 versions of dios mios, one for usb and other for sd cards you must install the one you want to use (use dios mios lite for sd card)
    nintendont can read from both

in dios mios project page you can find some tools made by his creator, 2 of them can compress the iso files, but don't expect to compress that much...

i think they don't support sdxc, but i am not sure, if you have an sdxc card, just try it and post here the result to let me know.

in the link i gave you, you can read:
    and like i said yes, you can have both dios mios and nintendont, but you can only have 1 dios mios version

9. Starwolf122
    OP

Starwolf122 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2014
    United States
    I am assuming this is a problem with my ISO but with any game except double dash it gets done loading the main.dol and goes to a black screen then hangs

Edit: Tried two different games and two separate isos could the games be incompatible. I have gotten two gams two work. Crash Nitro Kart and Mario Kart double dash. The games that have failed are animal crossing and paper Mario. How would nintendont let me know the game was incompatible?

10. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    no, nintendont will try to open the game, if the game is incompatible
    i dont know any emulator wich tells you that specific game is incompatible

paper mario works here, both in dios mios and nintendont

make sure you had formated the usb drive in 32kb cluster (allocation table 32xx option)

make sure you downloaded a ntsc iso if you have a ntsc system (same for pal) i am not sure if the diosmios\nintendont is region free or requires patches...

in here: http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/ download the discex tool use the command line to allign the iso, i do thing DMtool box does the same thing but give it a try

11. Starwolf122
    OP

Starwolf122 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2014
    United States
    I am now using Dios Mios(temporarily till nintendont will run some of my games) i want to know how to have the game save data directly on my usb slot.

12. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Dios Mios and Nintendont have basically the same compatibility now. They both should be working unless you messed up the install.

Nintendont compatibility list

migles likes this.