De3

Your Favorite gamer's FAVORITE gamer
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all and thank you for taking the time to open this post.

I've been researching and came across this website many times trying to backup my gamecube games so I decided why not to make an account so you guys can help me directly.

Over the past 2 weeks I've been researching (many hours a day) on how to back up my games. I have gotten my wii games to successfully launch via USB Loader GX thanks to this site.

Now comes my problem, I can't launch my gamecube isos. I have tried many different wads and versions of DM and DML (DML is a problem, I want to load from usb, not SD) and I can't even get the DM splash screen.

I have tried Wiiflow, Cfg, and USB Loader GX (and out of those I can only launch wii games from USB Loader). I have countless wads in my SD card, So maybe it is a wad problem? Not even pimp my wii can help. The closest I've gotten is the DML (i found out I don't want DML) splash screen, and then it would launch the disc in the drive.

Here is what I know. My usb drive is in FAT32, with 32k clusters, I converted (i guess you can call it that?) my gamecube isos with DMLizard

My main goal is to launch games via my USB. Can anyone help me out? If you need more info please let me know...

De3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: still no splash, but the console reboots itself when i attempt to load a game....

I have installed these wads DM v2.10, the IOS249 wad, RVL BC v6, RVL mios v10....

pimp my wii says i dont have a cMIOS and it wont let me install it either (via pimp my wii)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pimp my wii says i dont have a cMIOS and it wont let me install it either (via pimp my wii)
I made a new logo for Pimp My Wii a few days ago when I was bored. Maybe you can figure out the kind of reputation it has earned:
PimpMyWii.png

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
update: still no splash, but the console reboots itself when i attempt to load a game....

I have installed these wads DM v2.10, the IOS249 wad, RVL BC v6, RVL mios v10....

Just install diomios 2.10 and use thelatest beta build of usb loader gx.
No rocket science at all.
You can only have one type of Mios at a time.
so it's either official mios, diosmios-lite, diosmios, or cmios by wiipower wiigator.
It does not help to install diosmios and install miosv10 afterwards, diosmios get overwritten.

De3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I uninstall the others? I figure if I overwrite DM with another DM.....I still have DM, don't I? Rather than 2 separate versions....also where can I find a link to the latest beta build of USB loader go, and Which wad should I remove?

De3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a retail game in your drive?
No before I did, when I had DML, and it would give me the DM splash screen and load up the game in the drive, when I remove the disc, I would get the Splash screen and an error along with it.....that was when I didn't know I had DML, I just want DM

De3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest cfg and USB loader(v3.0c), I try and update Them via there options and it says it's the latest one available or there's no update

De3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive uninstalled every single DM wad and reinstalled them one by one to see if it would work, and no dice....should I copy my SD file to a computer and start clean until works? then copy the rest of it back on?? im getting desperate now

De3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just get a black screen starting from a fresh sd card and following tutorials

De3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so maybe my HDD isnt supported? I ensured it doesnt fall under any of this
I just get a black screen (no DIOS MIOS splash screen)

Chances are high that your USB2IDE device isn't supported.
  • Assure that your HDD is formatted with FAT32, no other FS is supported.
  • Only cluster sizes 32KB or less are supported.
  • Only 2TB drives or less are supported.
  • The FAT32 partition MUST be the first primaly partition on the HDD, otherwise it will not work.
I have a 300GB western digital.....is there a list of HDDs that arent supported?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...