Dingoo A320 as a Portable Media Player

Discussion in 'Dingoo & Gemei' started by trans am, Jul 4, 2010.

Jul 4, 2010
  1. trans am
    OP

Newcomer trans am Advanced Member

Portugal
    I'm mostly interested in Dingoo's Video Player rather than the emulators since I've played most of those games to exhaustion already, but it's hard to find feedback on the Video Player, when I read reviews it's usually complaints about how it doesn't handle SNES very well or the NES emu has sound crackles.

Would the Dingoo A320 play the average 350MB SD TV rip? Or would I need to resize the video? Is the playback smooth without artifacts, macroblocks, framerate hiccups? Does it freeze when loading certain files? I don't expect it to play HD naturally, what's the max resolution that the A320 can handle?

2. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    avis and rmvbs it has no problems playing and i never had to resize just reconvert formats

the audio is pretty good

with larger files off the mini sd you can have problems with sound , either get a higher grade card or run off the local 4 gig .

3. trans am
    OP

Newcomer trans am Advanced Member

Portugal
    Good info thanks, I don't really plan on watching movies so it seems the A320 may be good for me, the screen seems pretty good too from what I've seen online.

I guess most people use a microSD with a micro to mini sd adapter like this http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroSD-Mini...e/dp/B000TLXCDW, I never undertstood why they would use mini SD so much in China, from the old GBA flashcarts to these players when Micro and SD are so much used everywhere else.

Edit, found a table stating how files play on the Dingoo A320, seems to have some issues with the recent DIVX codecs.

http://sience.schattenkind.net/dingoo/Dingoo_a320_eng.htm