Gaming Digital Audio + LCD TV

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this seems really dumb, but I'm looking for a Digital Audio to RCA adapter.
Basically, I have my TV connected to my computer through component cables and audio through basic RCA cables. Every time I wanna watch a movie on the TV, I have to mute my computer speakers cause I use a splitter for my computer speakers and tv audio.
So, I decided to buy a Digital Audio cord and connected it to the back of my motherboard. Unfortunately, I don't have a surround sound system in my room, and there's no Digital Audio in on the back of the TV. There's a Digital Audio Out, but that's no help whatsoever. So I need some adapter that connects a male Digital Audio cable and outputs into stereo RCA plugs. It doesn't matter how many connections are required so long as it works.
The only reason I'm doing it with a Digital Audio cable rather than the speaker cable is so that I can easily switch between the two audio outputs on my PC and not have double outputs on both my TV and speakers.

Thanks!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Digital as in spdif (one with a red light)? I say that as there are one or two others.

So as I understand it.
You have a TV video out on your computer (VGA, svideo, dvi, hdmi*, otherwise it does not really matter)
*I know this has built in audio support but I assume it would have been mentioned already.

You also run your audio out to the inbuilt TV speakers via component cables, I am guessing something like this:
3.55mm%20to%20rca.jpg

But you also have normal computer speakers that you use while the TV is not on.

You currently use a basic splitter, something like this:
X25-1044-main.jpg

(or two wires coming out of the 3.5mm jack, same thing really).

You do not have an alt set of speakers (namely a set of 5.1 or 7.1 speakers) to wind everything through and the PC speakers are no good compared to the TV ones.

You now appear to want to eschew your PC speakers in favour of the TV ones or at least provide the ability to switch around easily.

I would not go this route myself (digital to analogue and back again is never a wise idea, at least not this side of silly money) but you can get RCA converters for them, they are not that much either:
http://www.svideo.com/digitalanalog.html
For that kind of money you might as well find some speakers.

Possible alternative, you buy a switch. The technology is ancient and it is sure to work:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=9328

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
I would not go this route myself (digital to analogue and back again is never a wise idea, at least not this side of silly money) but you can get RCA converters for them, they are not that much either:
http://www.svideo.com/digitalanalog.html
For that kind of money you might as well find some speakers.
Well, not really back again since it's only going to my TV. But yeah, that seems like what I need. Thanks!
Also, the digital audio cable was 80% off for me, employee discount at Micro Center.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: OH SHIT, I just checked out the price. That's massive damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021