Digimon World

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Romsstar, Aug 1, 2011.

Aug 1, 2011

Digimon World by Romsstar at 4:25 AM (953 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Romsstar
    OP

Member Romsstar Operation Decoded

Germany
    Atm I'm making and also porting some codes of Digimon World 1 for PSX (Walk through walls, unrig slotmachine, stuff like that)

Also one code I have for the Japanese version is:

Getting a new Technique everytime you train IQ.
    8008A03A 1421
    8008AEDA 1080

Now I was trying to search for the same values through PEC but couldn't find them adressing the same adress resulted in nothing.

What could I do to get the code right?

I would write a new one but I actually don't know what value to search vor.

For those who don't know: The game uses somes sort of weird RNG which lets you get by a 5-10% Chance a new technique if you train your IQ status.
    This code kinda makes it a 100% chance.

I want to port this code to the US and PAL Versions of the game.

Any help is appreciated.

2. MajinCry

Newcomer MajinCry Member

United Kingdom
    Hmm...I'm no pro in producing cheats, but if you can find a code that does the exact same thing in the japanese, US and PAL versions, and do a lil' math.

Be warned, this technique will not work for Assembly (ASM) codes, as those are custom bits of code, rather than simple value changes.

Get the Japanese and (For this example, US) US versions of the cheat, open up a hex editor, then take the US hex address away from the Japanese version (Could be vice versa...I forget. Trial and error, my friend!). This will get you an offset (A number that when you add it to the address, should change the code). Apply this offset to the US code and you SHOULD get the japanese code. If not, My memory is muddling itself up.

Now, take this offset away from the Japanese code you have up there, and you should get a US version of the cheat.

Rinse and repeat for the Pal version.

3. Romsstar
    OP

Member Romsstar Operation Decoded

Germany
    Thanks. Did it different but got me the right idea [​IMG]
    Can be closed.