I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I'll say this first: I'm using a good EBOOT. I've tried DLing 2 from torrent sites, and I made my own, all had the same effect.

Right after the first battle with Kuwagamon at the beginning of the game, when you go into the inn, and up the stairs/down the ladder (south)/down the ladder (west), the game freezes at a black screen. The sound/music fades out, etc. The HOME button still works, but nothing else does.

I'm assuming that there are more problems such as this later on in the game.

I've tried running almost all the versions of popsloader (the latest being 4.01) AND I've tried running the original from flash.

Does anyone else encounter this problem? Is there a way to fix it? I've Googled, and a lot of people encounter this problem, but there's no real solution that I've found. NOTE: that I can run other EBOOTs fine such as DW1, DW2, Final Fantasy IX.

Thanks for any replies.

EDIT: I have CFW 5.00 M33-6, and I just heard about the Game-ID fix. People say to change the game ID to SLPS-01724 and it's on this site as well: http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title...tibility_List#D . Successfully changed the ID via popstationGUI.

Someone also said that if you have CFW later than 3.52, you need to run the game through 3.40 popsloader so that's what I did. But my save file isn't detected!!

However, how will I load my save file again?? Since the save file ID is whatever it's supposed to be?

Yellow_Banana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm sorry to not offer any solution to this issue as I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I'm wondering if you'd figured out anything to solve the problem? Thanks a lot

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yellow_Banana said:
Hey, I'm sorry to not offer any solution to this issue as I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I'm wondering if you'd figured out anything to solve the problem? Thanks a lot

No, I haven't yet. D:
Sorry!

I still try to research the problem from time-to-time. :\

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
hmm i did try this game before, and it kinda work with the id change still a lot of graphical error though, as far as i know there's no way to use your old file for the game since game id is an identifier for psx games sorry

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
clegion said:
hmm i did try this game before, and it kinda work with the id change still a lot of graphical error though, as far as i know there's no way to use your old file for the game since game id is an identifier for psx games sorry

Haha, I wasn't really worried about my old save. I guess I worded it wrong. Here's what I meant:

I've read that people have gotten their games to work by only changing the Game ID and still being able to load their old saves. How could they get it to work if the Game ID is different from the Save ID?

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
hmmm maybe they edit their saves, i don't a way to do it though, but i think it can be done coz when you load up psx games on psp you can see in the save file manager there's a save file for that game, try checking on psp/savedata

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Because the Game ID modifies the compatibility...you can leave the Save ID just as it was in your original eboot to no detriment.

Yellow_Banana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I've used a program that alleges to only change the game ID and not the save ID, but after using the program, the saved data is no longer available.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GOD DAMMIT i love those digimon games and i was able to fix the issue you do have to change the game ID but to what i can't remember GUTTED
frown.gif
i will search for it now and report back
smile.gif

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK i found it (i think) first you need the raw image file from the disc (just use a torrent site or this *snip) ( the .img file ) then use popstation gui to convert it to an EBOOT here is the program
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=57
once you open the program select your .img file and go to options and change the game ID to SLPS01724 that ISN'T 100% safe but it should help as i basically completed the game using this method hope it helps
biggrin.gif

Yellow_Banana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, to clarify:
I used this program to change my game's ID: Change Id by KingSquitter

I currently have:
1 EBOOT of SLUS01436 (glitches often with saved data)
1 EBOOT of SLPS01724 (from the other EBOOT for which I merely changed the Game ID (not save ID) and it no longer ....................................recognizes the old save data)

So I explored the \SAVEDATA folder a while of my actual saved data, looking how PSP game memory works. I found that in each folder (named by the Game ID) there exists:
CONFIG.bin
ICON0.png
SCEVMC0.vmp
SCEVMC1.vmp
PARAM.sfo

I've never experienced VMP files or SFO files. I would just like to know if there is a particular file within that is the actual stored data itself. If this is true, I'd like to know if there is a way to edit it (by means of hex or some other way).

It is true, of course, if I simply copy and paste the VMPs, which I suspect are the saved data files themselves, from my actual game to my new game's save folder I get a game error of 80000004. I'm not exactly sure what each of the files do (except obviously the icon
tongue.gif
), but I have heard of editing some save file, copy/paste, and it works. But I'm not exactly certain how this would work.

I would really enjoy being able to simply modify the old save data, which I've backed up on my C:\, and would really enjoy not having to mess about trying to edit my original EBOOT's save ID, which I'm fairly certain is not possible since upon editing its game ID, it becomes the new, fully-functional EBOOT and the saved data becomes unrecognized.

I'm also wondering if CW memory card management can help this situation. I'm not entirely sure of its function.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you think he hid the link in an image rather than a direct link? Because he wasn't aware of the rules?
wink.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I found that the crashing issue was more than one problem. and this is what I did to fix it.

1. download Zinga Burga's Popstation Gui 3.00 Beta
2. use Zinga Burga's Popstation Gui 3.00 Beta to change the game ID to SLPS 01724 and convert the iso to EBOOT to play on the PSP.
3. once converted put it on your PSP and play it set the POPS to 3.71 and it should work without any further flaws.

if you can't get the pops menu to pop up hold R when you start up the game until the pops menu appears.

Jota_Aniki

Trophies
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
I found that the crashing issue was more than one problem. and this is what I did to fix it.

2. use Zinga Burga's Popstation Gui 3.00 Beta to change the game ID to SLPS 01724 and convert the iso to EBOOT to play on the PSP.
3. once converted put it on your PSP and play it set the POPS to 3.71 and it should work without any further flaws.

if you can't get the pops menu to pop up hold R when you start up the game until the pops menu appears.

i tried doing that and it worked till i got to the Amaterasu Server part in the game and thats were the game froze while i was walking in the Wire Forest(the character was frozen while walking and there was no background music)

NOTE: i'm using 5.50gen D3 with the popsloader 3.71

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jota_Aniki said:
DarkWay said:

i tried doing that and it worked till i got to the Amaterasu Server part in the game and thats were the game froze while i was walking in the Wire Forest(the character was frozen while walking and there was no background music)

maybe its the iso?

Jota_Aniki

Trophies
XP
Country
GameWinner said:
Jota_Aniki said:
DarkWay said:

maybe its the iso?

maybe but i've tryed downloading every eboot and iso file on this game on the web and i've changed the gameID to the 1436 and this one is the only one that worked until now -.-

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Maybe its GEN D3, maybe its the pops version your using.
Try changing the pops around then if it doesn't work try going onto GEN B2 or M33.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well i´m here to say that Digimon World 3 (eboot) compressed at low level, on CFW5.00 m33-6 + popsloader 3.71 works perfectly.

I´m traveling through Circuit Board as i´m typing this, and never ever have experienced any kind of freeze.

I use a cheap micro sd 4GB + Micro SD 2 Pro Duo adapter. FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: