ROM Hack Difficulty repacking a multi-image .ctpk texture!

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I'm currently translating the second taiko game for the 3DS, but I've run into a wall. Whenever I recreate the txp files (which are just renamed .ctpk files) they normally work just like they should. But these are single image textures. There are a few textures that are causing issues preventing me from releasing the patch for the game. These are the warning screen and the tutorial, both of which have two images in their texture file. I have tried decompressing and compressing the images multiple times to no avail.

The translated textures are causing some sort of error that completely crashes the game right when the texture is supposed to be loaded.

I don't know if this is something that I have to edit the .txp/.ctpk files a certain way with or what. The hex data between the translated and untranslated files is different, but this is the same for nearly all the translated images, so I don't know why this would cause a problem.

I am a first time 3DS romhacker, so I don't want to be needy, but I am at wits end with this. I have no idea where to go or what to do to get these textures to load properly, so if anyone knows anything that could help, please let me know.

OKAY, something happened when uploading this thread. I did not mean to create three different threads with the same information, sorry!

Last edited by tiduscrying,

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if it would help but you can try contacting @dasding to see if he knows or knows someone, I think the MHX patch had some texture patching done.

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it would help but you can try contacting @dasding to see if he knows or knows someone, I think the MHX patch had some texture patching done.
Welp, I tried PM'img @dasding and unfortunately didn't receive a response... Maybe he hasn't been online in awhile or something. If anybody else has dealt with multi-image txp/cptk files please let me know! I know some of the 3DS Manga repacks had ctpk issues, but I doubt that would be all that similar to the issue I am having here. I really want to get this patch out the door and these two images are seriously the only things preventing that from happening!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.