Hacking Different USB port + Monster Hunter Tri

tnothing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've think i done something bad with the 0 usb port, cause it doesnt work anymore. I've lost a hd too, so i guess something burned out both.

I've been trying to run a external hd drive on it, and none of the loaders can find it anymore. So i tried to use the other one (top port), but it looks like most recent cios killed support for it. I retraced back to using cios rev 9 and i ve been sucessful on getting my hd drive back to work. All titles seemed to work fine, using the top usb port and the old 9 rev.

But the problem came when trying to play a recent stuff, like the Monster Hunter Trii. I've read a lot about that black screen problem after the new game option, and i had it too. When I try to upgrade the cios rev to most recent versions, or use a merged version from Hermes, no loader can find my usb drive on the top usb port.

Is there a way to specify even new versions to force the top usb port, or i'm stuck with playing with the older versions and hoping that no new games will have stuff like that? I don't even care to use another usb device, like mic or wii speak, i just want the ext hd to work properly
frown.gif

tnothing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used to have usb loader gx runnin steadily. I'm looking for any kind of option to force using the 2nd usb port. uLoader locks up when I try to force it to run at the alternative usb port.
I tried the others usb loaders, but they don't seem to have an option for loading at the next usb port

Robj1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uloader is able to use both usb ports.

In options pick uloader hacks then highlight ehcmodule - use usb port 1.......

tnothing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
uloader crashes when trying to force the usb port 1, so it isnt an option anymore. I just can get my HD to work using GX or Custom USB loader

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somewhere on here there is a thread of somebody asking the same question as you, just without the monster hunter part because that has nothing to do with the question at all. i dont know why you added it.

anyways, i told him how to do it and held his hand and walked him through it. its really not that hard, but i dont feel like explaining it again. just find that thread and follow it.

tnothing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any idea of the thread or its question? I tried searching that stuff here before posting, but got no results whatsoever.

The MH 3 part is there because it's the first game I'm not able to run from USB while still using old CIOS. I was afraid that was going to happen sooner or later.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I did some quick searching myself using site:gbatemp.net "other port" and "giantpune" in Google and didn't find the thread giantpune discusses, but did find oggzee's solution that way. This post should be enough to get you going.

One other thing to note is that the post was written before we transitioned to using -222 versions, so you can also try doing the same stuff, but using 57b-222 instead.

tnothing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Messing up in the source was going to be my last resort. I suck at programing and that kind of stuff.
Got it working using hermes mod v4 for port 1 + usb port 1 mod from oggzee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts