Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay I do own 2 NDS lite systems. I just got a normal white one, and have had a pure red one up until then, which I modded a bit.

The touchscreen of the red one has a golden shimmer, so I noticed the difference directly when I opened the white one, its touchscreen seems to be black. (I mean when they're off)
So I turned them both on, and just as I expected, the touchscreen of the white DS is WAY darker than the topscreen, while on the red one both screens do show the same colors and brightness. I remember that the phat DS had a darker touchscreen too, and it was black when the DS was turned off too...

I thought that they renewed ALL systems when the DS lite came out... Although it's just a small issue it's quite dissappointing... Now I wonder if it is just my DS or are all white DS's like that? oO*
Or did they only use the old touchscreen for the first DS lites that came out?

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its not a matter of all DS's of a certain colour its just different DS's have different types of touch screen.

Apparently the differences where meant to have been phased out by a 3rd type of screen.

I first heard of it on gamefaqs when people where caring abit too much about it and a group of people opted to demand refunds and swap it until they got a certain type. I believe there is a guide on it in the DS hardware section.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the gamefaqs craze. It was like some people had a grid screen I believe and others had another type and ther were threads like which is better etc..

All I'm saying is that there are different screens, I don't know about them, you should search in gamefaqs under the DS hardware and look in the guides like FlatFrogger recommended. Oh fine I'll even link you to the FAQ.

Cheers.

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks!
smile.gif

I found that the 'old' touchscreen was better in handling too, except for its darker colors. :S
But I still KNOW it and so it bothers me. x) But I won't send it back to try getting a new one just because of that... ^^ If my other DS ever breaks the comparism would be lost anyway so I guess I'd forget about it anyway...
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s