Hacking Different covers for games with same id (mods)

mIRChele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have multiple mods of a game and I want to give each one of them a different cover art. Obviously, they have the same game id, and multiman/webman select the right cover thanks to the id. How can I override this feature? I tried putting a jpg with the same name of the game folder in /GAMES but it doesn't work.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
JB games covers only go by titleid (or builtin icon0), only isos can use a 200x200 or smaller non-progressive JPEG with the same name as the ISO

mIRChele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
JB games covers only go by titleid (or builtin icon0), only isos can use a 200x200 or smaller non-progressive JPEG with the same name as the ISO
I'll try making isos then

just change the titleid ?
edit the param.sfo with a tool like this: https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/sfoeditor

you should change the contentid too (inside the contentid is the titleid)
this is what i thought, but I also want the latest update available for the mods too. If I change the titleid, I can't download the update anymore and I don't know how to manually (or, even better in order to save some space, link) put the update on the mod.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I change the titleid, I can't download the update anymore and I don't know how to manually (or, even better in order to save some space, link) put the update on the mod.
The general idea for integrating updates/dlc in jb/iso games is to download ALL updates (including the intermediate versions), extract the oldest update pkg in a folder, extract the next one in the same folder replacing any files from the previous one, extract the next one, the next one...
Then use software (like Trueancestor series) to convert EBOOT.BIN and any EDATs from PSN DRM to disc encryption, edit param.sfo of the game to set the new version number, then copy everything (except param.sfo) over the base game

Compatibility, like converting full games between disc backup and package, isn't that great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If your not getting your pills from Psi's discount drugs who knows what your swallowing! +1