Differences between 3.60, 3.65 and 3.68

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by LoneFlo, Feb 19, 2019.

1. LoneFlo
    OP

LoneFlo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2015
    France
    So. Now we are able to downgrade, except enso, what are the different possibilities offered by these three firmwares ?

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    None. All can play all games (with some plugins).

3. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Last edited by 8BitWonder, Feb 19, 2019
    LoneFlo likes this.
  4. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    (since vita's release, features have only been stripped down and removed from the vita's capability (gps maps, phone stuffs, and a lot more then that)

Since the release of Henkaku 3.60, the firmware updates have been causing various issues, functionality problems, various performance problems. Very tiny stuff, some big stuff. If you can downgrade to 3.60 or 3.65 then your golden!

LoneFlo likes this.
  5. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
  6. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    As simple as I can make it -

3.60 - You can use Henkaku and Enso

3.65 - You can use h-encore and Enso

3.68 - You can use h-encore

Henkaku and h-encore are basically the same thing, just installed in different ways. Henkaku is installed using a browser exploit, which is very easy to do. For h-encore, you need to get the app on the Vita using QCMA, which is not exactly difficult it's just a lot more steps and requires logging in with an active PSN account.

And Enso is the exploit that runs at boot to automatically load Henkaku, so you can have autoboot on 3.60 and 3.65 but not 3.68.

Most people who are downgrading are going to 3.60 so that they have the easier web browser exploit, but if you have previously installed h-encore on 3.68 then you should already have the h-encore app on your memory card so you could just go back to 3.65 and just install Henkaku again, then Enso, and have autoboot CFW with the advantages of the higher version of system software (so any 'stability improvements', native compatibility with any games that require 3.65, plus the latest version of VitaCheat will work).

Last edited by reddragon105, Feb 21, 2019
  7. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    3.68 - downgrade and get enso. Problem solved.

8. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    Well, yes, and I did mention downgrading, but OP was asking about differences between those three versions so that's what I covered.

9. dr_broka

dr_broka Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2009
    I have a PS Vita 3.65 (official), never "hacked".

Should I install H-Encore + Enso or should use Moduro to downgrade to 3.60 and then Henkaku + Enso?

10. asakapa619

asakapa619 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2012
    Philippines
    its up to you, do what you want..

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted