Gaming Did iXtreme 1.6 ever make it to the Hitachi?

googjew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having been very spoiled by the fantastic softmods for the PS2, Wii, PSP, and DS (DS isn't softmodable, but still, you just stick in a flashcart. BOOM. Done) entering XBOX 360 modding is new turf to me, and I don't know my way around it yet.

I know they were working on 1.6 for the Hitachi. Did that ever come out? Link please?

Also, If it didn't, would it be better to wait around until it does?

I hear something about "spoofing" your drive to work like another drive. Would this enable me to get 1.6 on the Hitachi?

Is there an alternative to iXtreme, that has all "play everything on XBL without getting banned" goodness of iXtreme 1.6?

Thanks in advance
-googjew

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1.51 is available for all models save the new unflashable liteon seen at the start of the month. It has wave 3 compliance and does not require fiddling*, 1.6 only adds the ability to dump games without too much hassle.

spoofing is twofold:
1) It was used on liteon drives before we could flash them.
2) It can be used to replace your drive with another model if it breaks (same model to same model is trivial).

*I speak of using 1.4 something and altering isos, I am being deliberately vague so nobody tries.

Regarding "play everything on XBL without getting banned" I would remind you that nobody really knows how people get banned and simply having the latest and greatest firmware is no sure fire way to avoid such a thing.

googjew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks. Definitely will stick with iXtreme 1.51.

I know there's no way of ban immunity, but this sounds as safe as it gets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol