Hacking Did I screw up?

Aftcomet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bought a 3DS a week ago. Updated to 3.0.06. I was totally new and had no idea.
Bought this R4i Gold 1.4.3.

My question is, did I mess up? I just found out you're supposed to update the R4 card before the 3DS. But is by some chance the 1.4.3 already the correct version? I think they released a new Kernal (R4I-GOLD 3DS kernel V1.71b) from this site.

All I can say is lesson learned. I guess if the answer is I messed up the only thing to do would be to exhcange the 3DS for a new one and hope it doesn't have the update.

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/topic/302773-firmware-update-compilation-thread/

EDIT: You can also use a DS Phat/DS Lite/unupdated DSi to update the flashcart.

Aftcomet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry about the double post. My browser closed on me the first time.

Unfortunately I only own one 3DS.

Peter Gatens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My question is, did I mess up? I just found out you're supposed to update the R4 card before the 3DS. But is by some chance the 1.4.3 already the correct version? I think they released a new Kernal (R4I-GOLD 3DS kernel V1.71b) from this site.

All I can say is lesson learned. I guess if the answer is I messed up the only thing to do would be to exhcange the 3DS for a new one and hope it doesn't have the update.

You need to know the flashcart you bought is from the R4ids,cn, not from the r4i -gold. you need to use the wood firmware and update patch from this official site: r4ids.cn

this card of course can work on 3DS V3.0.0-6, but if the card you received is not the latest version, you need to update it by yourself.

and the latest package for this card is

r4i_gold_card004.jpg

Aftcomet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You need to know the flashcart you bought is from the R4ids,cn, not from the r4i -gold. you need to use the wood firmware and update patch from this official site: r4ids.cn

this card of course can work on 3DS V3.0.0-6, but if the card you received is not the latest version, you need to update it by yourself.

and the latest package for this card is

r4i_gold_card004.jpg

Peter Gatens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha i see. :) no worry... Now that you just bought it not long ago, i think the card you receive will be a pre-flashed one which means no need to update by yourself, And yeah, the card will be the r4ids.cn, so just use the wood V1.46 firmware. Just get back to me if you have problem when you receive the card. :lol: From the link you left, the card is a real r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn, don't be anxious about it. xxD

Aftcomet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haha i see. :) no worry... Now that you just bought it not long ago, i think the card you receive will be a pre-flashed one which means no need to update by yourself, And yeah, the card will be the r4ids.cn, so just use the wood V1.46 firmware. Just get back to me if you have problem when you receive the card. :lol: From the link you left, the card is a real r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn, don't be anxious about it. xxD

Perfect. My worries are at ease. I really appreciate your help. I would have had no idea about the wood firmware if it wasn't for you. Cheers! May the favor be returned to you in some way.

Peter Gatens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are welcome. i think i should say this. :P You can find many guys will help you in this forum. So if not me, there will be someone else. :) Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool