Did i forget something

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Iknownothing, Jun 7, 2009.

Jun 7, 2009

Did i forget something by Iknownothing at 3:09 PM (800 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Iknownothing
    OP

Newcomer Iknownothing Newbie

Portugal
    Hey,

I just got a brand new Wii and unfortunatly is a LU65 one, so in order to get it to load backups I have to install the HBC and Bootmii with hackmii beta 2, after that i need to install the LU64+ fix to... well, fix it (lol), then I install the USB loader GX (I already have the WFBS Manager 2.5) and just in case that doesn't work I use gamma v0.3 to run backups from dvd's...

Did I forget something or am I doing something wrong? [​IMG]

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    WAD MANAGER 1.4 for wii wares [​IMG]

3. Cpt-DS

Newcomer Cpt-DS Member

Portugal
    I was going to skip that because I dont care that much about wiiware... But I would like to run emulators on it. Oh and by the way, does the HBC browser come included with the homebrew channel or do I have to download it?

4. oxMUDxo

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Home Brew Browser comes separate from Home Brew Channel you'll have to Download it.

5. Cpt-DS

Newcomer Cpt-DS Member

Portugal
    Thanks for the help, i just got HBB v0.3.1. [​IMG]

I just hope nothing goes wrong, it's the first time i do something like this... [​IMG]

6. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    if thats the case it looks fine [​IMG]
    i have basically the same setup as you

i just bombbanner my virgin 4.0u this evening:)

7. Cpt-DS

Newcomer Cpt-DS Member

Portugal
    I was going to do that until i saw my Wii's serial number, then i read that I should use the Hackmii stuff combined with LU64+ fix... Anyway I'll try that on tuesday and if something goes wrong I'll come back to say that my wii is bricked (should i lol? XD). I really hope that doesnt happen. [​IMG]

EDIT: Oh and i created the Iknownothing persona because I couldnt remember my old password but I managed to get it back... lol just pointing this out.

8. Polada

Newcomer Polada Member

United States
    Basicamente aconselho-te a instalares bootmii, mesmo que não seja em boot2 (visto teres uma nova wii sem boot2), e fazeres backup da tua nand... só para prevenir.

Aconselho-te tambem a instalar o preloader e a habilitar certos hacks. Se quiseres alguma ajuda extra, e visto que sou tuga, ando por cá podes me mandar pm.

------
    I advice him to install bootmii (backup his nand) and install preloader. Im sorry for the portuguese.

9. Cpt-DS

Newcomer Cpt-DS Member

Portugal
    Thanks for the tip Polada but I have no idea of what the nand is and whats the diference between boot 1 and boot 2. =\

10. Polada

Newcomer Polada Member

United States
    You have pm

11. Cpt-DS

Newcomer Cpt-DS Member

Portugal
    Oh yeh, I forgot to ask where I should store the ROM's since i'll be using the USB loader I assume that I'm supossed to put it in the SD card but do I need to give the folders any specific names or anything?

Oh and Polada warned me that I had to install cios rev13 in order to get the USB Loader GX/Gamma v0.3 to work but is it safe to install that, do I need anything to install it and where can I find it? [​IMG]