Hacking Did BootMii disable my modchip

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii has stopped recognizing burned discs. I am trying to connect this to a recent event, but all I can think of is installing BootMii a few weeks ago. Also, while I was on vacation my nephews turned the Wii on and forgot to turn it off for almost a week (yes, I kicked their ass).

Retail discs work fine. I suspect it's either BootMii related, or my WiiKey got burned from being on for several days straight. What's more likely?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
BootMii won't do/can't do anything against ModChips.

That's just stupid. I have a WiiKey+BootMii, all works. Maybe your drive is broken, slowly goes bader, or anything else.

IT'S NOT BOOTMII!!!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've bootmii installed with a modchip. It did nothing to stop it working. Maybe the constant heat from the Wii was enough to loosen some wire to the modchip.

ShadowChaos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
BootMii won't do/can't do anything against ModChips.

That's just stupid. I have a WiiKey+BootMii, all works. Maybe your drive is broken, slowly goes bader, or anything else.

IT'S NOT BOOTMII!!!
bader? u mean worse?
ya, the chip might have melted, or received damage, i wouldn't know, i don't have a drivechip

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm continuing to troubleshoot and have uninstalled BootMii for now, which didn't help anything.

I tried checking my Startpatch settings, but it gives me a black screen.

Can't run the WiiKey config disc because the drive won't read DVD-Rs. Will try GeckoOS.

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would guess leaving it on for a straight week did it. Was the disc drive running a game for a straight week or was it on the main sys menu?

I feel bad if i leave my wii on overnight(especially with the HDD running!) I turn off my wiiconnect standby settings to make sure it has a full shutdown.

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There was no disc inside, just the system menu. My last hope is that the modchip settings got reset somehow and I just need to re-configure it.

I am trying NeoGamma to run backups now. The problem is that the Wiikey Config disc is technically a GameCube disc, so I'm probably going to need some sort of custom mios to run it. Never had to deal with this before, since I've always had a modchip.

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Its not bootmii

If you have a wiikey installed this can happen. All you need to do is locate a gcos disc. The wiikey is flashable. I have all the gcos discs from 1.3 to 1.9s as well as the raffles 1.3b disc. You can reset all the settings as well upgrade the wiikey.

I have had to do this 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years.

Raffles disc sorted it every time

If you find1.9s and intend to use you must be on system menu 3.2 minimum

Also the modchip is still working so it will still read the config disc, I know this may sound odd but trust me it does

If you struggle to locate pm me

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, thanks. Right now it doesn't boot the Wiikey 1.4 Config Disc through the Disc Channel, but I got it to boot through NeoGamma after installing custom mios. I still can't configure the darned thing because the Wiikey config screen says please insert "base disc," whatever the heck that means. If you could post the link to the correct Wiikey ISO, that would be great.

Update: Updated firmware to 4.1 with waninkoko's tool and the new version of Startpatch does work now. Still no luck getting into Wiikey's config settings.

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I used Recovery Disc 1.9b, and my console reads Wii backups now. GameCube discs are not recognized anymore, backups or original. I uninstalled cMIOS rev3, no effect.

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for taking so long to get back to you. I remembered it was the original config 1.2 base disc you needed which I didn't have, its took some time finding it this morning. (lots of links if you guggle it but its 2 years old so few work) I have upped it to my own webspace so check your p.m. Reset your region free settings and this should give you gamecube back as well.

It has batch files to create US/Jap/Pal versions of the disc.

Hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end