Diablo II Resurrected (D2R) Character Saves Import Tutorial

Hi all,

Been searching the last week for how to import character saves into offline D2R. I have an old char from 2004 that I wanted to see on my Switch. Couldn't find it (there's a GBAtemp link but see Misc. below) and decided to make my own guide.

Steps

1. Make a dummy char on the switch with the same name as the old one.
2. Exit D2R, backup via JKSV.
3. Identify which backup folder contains your D2R newly created char under /JKSV. It'll have a folder named as your dummy char (and others).
4. Copy all the old character files (.d2s, .maps, .key, .org, etc) into the new dummy folder that has the same name as your old char.
5. Use JKSV to restore that last save using "Y".
6. Your chat will appear in the offline chars on your Switch.

Notes:
- You could probably do this with more characters without creating a dummy if JKSV imports from the D2R folder without checking if there are new subfolders.
- It would have been cool if you could import all your chars from a single folder and not have to make a subfolder for each one. This would match the old D2 save structure as well as the current D2R structure on PC (I think and stand corrected here on D2R).

If you have any questions please shout. Ill try to answer! Good luck and have fun!

Misc.:
There's currently a broken thread here on gbatemp. The URL says Diablo II Res(s)urrected 2 saves but redirects to a Sims 3 on DS thread (lol).

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you can just make new char folders for yourself, no need to make dummys. The key is that on Switch you need to contain all files for a character in a similar named folder, wheras the PC just dumps them all together in the same saved games folder.

.key and .ctr can be counter-productive, the first is keyboard binds and the second is controller binds. The controls seem to be coded differently between windows vs switch so you end up having to rebind them. If you're moving a character between Switch and PC often, better to just leave these files alone, so it will remember the binds you use for each platform.

.map and .ma0, .ma1 are just single player map layouts, so its optional if you want to preserve those. All your character data and progress are stored in .d2s.

You can also copy the shared stash files back and forth, if you keep your Switch version up to date. That also goes into its own shared stash folder on the Switch version. I would keep a backup when doing the copy though in case of version mismatch, I had problems reading the launch (unpatched) Switch stash on PC, but have not since updating.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah i just tested this and i only transferred the .d2s file to a new folder (renamed the folder to the character name) within my d2 switch save, and it worked. Thx for the post :)

realbout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is it possible to import a shared stash from another player? Maybe one which has plenty of high runes and other high level stuff in the shared stash? Asking for a friend ;-D

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it possible to import a shared stash from another player? Maybe one which has plenty of high runes and other high level stuff in the shared stash? Asking for a friend ;-D
I think it should be, there's a separate folder for the shared stash. Otherwise, you could find a character save that has many high runes in the personal stash and transfer them to the shared stash (that's what i did)

Reactions: realbout

cobbless

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Xirious, would you help me? I accidentally deleted my lvl 89 sorc with gg single player gear on d2r on my Switch and I am here searching for solutions. Do I have to use a 'hero editor' plus JKSV to get my character back? I have never heard of JKSV before

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi Xirious, would you help me? I accidentally deleted my lvl 89 sorc with gg single player gear on d2r on my Switch and I am here searching for solutions. Do I have to use a 'hero editor' plus JKSV to get my character back? I have never heard of JKSV before
From my understanding, you can do that. JKSV is a save backup manager that you use on the switch to backup saves from games, and import saves to games. So first, make a backup of your D2 switch save with JKSV, transfer it to PC, edit the d2s file, replace the d2s file on your switch with the edited one. Then back on the switch, use JKSV to import the save back into the game. I havent tested this, but it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...