Diablo 1 and Hellfire

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Sora de Eclaune, Aug 11, 2012.

Aug 11, 2012
  1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    A friend has just gotten Diablo 1 and the Hellfire expansion and we can't find out how to fix the resolution! The only fixes we can find are Virtual Machines and a fix for the base game that works perfectly. However, it's not compatible with Hellfire (it causes the game to continuously ask for the disc despite both Hellfire and Diablo being mounted to virtual drives at the same time). What should we do?

Her computer is a Windows 7 64-bit, just like my laptop, and I've installed the game to mine so I can try out these fixes for her before I send them to her and they end up not working.

What has not worked:
    • -w and any variation of it
    • This patch for the base game
    • Alt+Enter and any variation of it

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Alt+Enter while in-game?

3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    That has no effect on the game whatsoever.

It appears that something I did has caused the game to continuously ask for the game disc, despite the ISO being mounted and the patch for the base game being uninstalled.

4. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    I'm guessing you applied some kind of patched EXE file?

It's an old game, you can't expect it to work perfectly. It wasn't made for higher resolutions, windowed mode, or widescreen. Diablo 2 goes into windowed mode with -window I think, not sure if that'll work on D1. Maybe try DXWnd or those other programs that try and force games into running in a window.