Gaming Devil May Cry Continuity

KHANV1CT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played DMC 1 back in the PS2 era, never beat it. Should I play though all the DMC games in order to really understand DMC 5 or what?

KHANV1CT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read that the story order is 3, 1, 4, 2. I hate it when games do that. Seems like they're trying to go Metal Gear on it.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read that the story order is 3, 1, 4, 2. I hate it when games do that. Seems like they're trying to go Metal Gear on it.
My theory is that the order was decided by the developers as to separate the other games from 2 as much as possible(2 is the most hated game in the series). 1 came out and was liked, 2 was hated, 3 is a prequel to a story arc in 1, 4 is a sequel to that same story arc in 1 and so 2 was treated kind of like a side-story the whole time. Recently Capcom reshuffled the timeline so that the order is now 3>1>2>4>5. Characters from 2 being featured in the DMC5 prequel novel and Dantes DT form from 2 being featured in 5 are about as much as Capcom is willing to take out of that game. They even skipped the entirety of DMC2 in the "Story so Far" video they did on the series lore lmao. Reminder that a lot of DMCs other media is canon too so its ACTUALLY 3(manga)>3>1>DMC: The Animated Series(2007)>2>4>5. Fans are pretty happy with what they've done with 5, they mention everything from anime only characters to tiny eastereggs but newcomers are bewildered right now so I can see where your coming from. Oh and people don't like talking about the reboot except for arguments and it isn't a part of the timeline.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s