totos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi Im new and I was wondering if somebody could help me please.:cry:
My problem is that I want to use cwchetas in a game downloaded from the psnstore but when I press select and go on cheats, there are just black spots, also I checked the ID of the game and shows HB4B12D3BC instead of its original ID(game mhfu) all the cheat codes are for US version. I have a psp 2000 and Im using cfw 6.60 pro-c fix3. any help will be really aprecciate :bow:
(note)let me know if I posted in the wrong section

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
hi Im new and I was wondering if somebody could help me please.:cry:
My problem is that I want to use cwchetas in a game downloaded from the psnstore but when I press select and go on cheats, there are just black spots, also I checked the ID of the game and shows HB4B12D3BC instead of its original ID(game mhfu) all the cheat codes are for US version. I have a psp 2000 and Im using cfw 6.60 pro-c fix3. any help will be really aprecciate :bow:
(note)let me know if I posted in the wrong section

It took some digging, but the game ID should be
ULUS-10391

What I would suggest doing is:

1) Make a backup of your system files on your computer
2) Disconnect PSP from computer
3) Navigate to the format option for memory stick: Settings/System Settings/ Format Memory Stick
4) Reconnect PSP to computer, re-install your files from the backup
5) Test CWCHEATS. If it still doesn't work:

6) Connect PSP to computer again. Delete CWCheats off your system's memory stick.
7) Install a fresh copy with fresh codes.
8) Try running CWCHEATS again.

If that doesn't work, it could possibly be something with the firmware, and in that case, I wouldn't know where else I could help you with that :( I do have to ask though - has anything gone wrong for you (which have since been fixed, maybe) since you hacked your PSP and put the CFW on?

Some history may be slightly helpful :) This is all I can tell you for now, so post back with your results. Good luck! :D

Reactions: totos

totos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Xarsha16, well I did all that you said but still not working.
so about your question, well nothing gones wrong since I hacked it.
But Im not sure if the reason of my problem is that...how could I say it.....well when I hacked it the first time I used one memory stick to install and play mhp3. everything was okay with it so cwcheats worked fine there. Then I decided to use cwcheats with my other game (mhfu) in another memory stick and did the same process as the first one with the difference that this is from the psnstore and a different memory stick and put their respective cheats.
But If its the firmware what should I do?
(Note) the ID of the game still showing HB4B12D3BC, I tried to put that ID on the cwcheats but even didnt work

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: totos and Xarsah16

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Xarsha16, well I did all that you said but still not working.
so about your question, well nothing gones wrong since I hacked it.
But Im not sure if the reason of my problem is that...how could I say it.....well when I hacked it the first time I used one memory stick to install and play mhp3. everything was okay with it so cwcheats worked fine there. Then I decided to use cwcheats with my other game (mhfu) in another memory stick and did the same process as the first one with the difference that this is from the psnstore and a different memory stick and put their respective cheats.
But If its the firmware what should I do?
(Note) the ID of the game still showing HB4B12D3BC, I tried to put that ID on the cwcheats but even didnt work

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that the actual cheating components of cwcheat may not work with encrypted games from the PSN, and it would only work with ROMs downloaded off the Internet because those would be unencrypted.

If my hunch is true (I really need to do some more research) then you would not be able to use the cheats function for PSN games.

I do know the memory card loader works with PSN encrypted games on CFW but that's slightly different. (Maybe there is some kind of save editor for your game? You may be able to workaround that way, but if it seems to be reading your game ID incorrectly, then it may not work.

Would you mind logging into your PSN network account and re-downloading the game? Then try to reinstall CWcheats once again like I mentioned above in the last steps? Please let me know how that goes. :)

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwcheats and tempAR works on PSN games. He needs to check his firmware and the cheat plugin compatibility with that firmware

totos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well Its incredible the ID now is showing ULUS-10391 cool but...........................still not showing the cheats WHY:wtf: ?????????????????
First i did like you told me Xarsah, didnt work then I followed the first link that strai put and download the cwcheats that shows the second tread of that page so that fix the ID but still without showing the cheats what could it be the reason this time?
(Note)thanks for still answering my questions really aprecciate:)

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
well Its incredible the ID now is showing ULUS-10391 cool but...........................still not showing the cheats WHY:wtf: ?????????????????
First i did like you told me Xarsah, didnt work then I followed the first link that strai put and download the cwcheats that shows the second tread of that page so that fix the ID but still without showing the cheats what could it be the reason this time?
(Note)thanks for still answering my questions really aprecciate:)

No problem :)
Have you tried Ryupower's fix? Did that work?

EDIT: I apologize for the pentapost - the forum lagged.

totos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi Xarsah, yes i tried ryupower fix but didnt work, still showed wrong ID and not cheats too
I tought that fixing the ID would resolve the problem but even fixed it still not showing the cheats, what do you thing could it be the reason this time cheat.db or something else?
Note:Im using the cwcheat that fixed the ID (strai link).

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
hi Xarsah, yes i tried ryupower fix but didnt work, still showed wrong ID and not cheats too
I tought that fixing the ID would resolve the problem but even fixed it still not showing the cheats, what do you thing could it be the reason this time cheat.db or something else?
Note:Im using the cwcheat that fixed the ID (strai link).

I don't know the answer to that, but this afternoon I will try to do some more research and let you know if I find a fix. If someone else has ideas, please post them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2