DeSMUmE emulator on 3DS CFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by EternalAnt, Feb 29, 2016.

1. EternalAnt
    OP

EternalAnt Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    We know that Retroarch has Desmume as a core for other platforms, is there any news that he'd be bringing it to 3DS CFW? Would it even run correctly?

2. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    This is saying If there's a app to emulate 3ds on a , well 3ds...why emulate when ds runs natively on the 3ds, dsiware running off the homemenu was done today so games may be coming soon!
    Edit: Woah typos made by autocorrect keyboard

Last edited by James310, Feb 29, 2016
    Billy Acuña likes this.
  3. Daggot

Daggot GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    I don't think devs are interested in making it a thing now that the newest flashcart launcher allows 5USD flashcards to run on emunand. Also DSIWare can already be installed on a 3DS via cia injection.

but hey in the end thats just my 2 cents

4. kiwiis

kiwiis キウィイス

Sep 8, 2015
    There's no way a DS emulator would run acceptably with 3ds hardware. Get a flashcart and call it a day, because attempting to emulate something on hardware that can run it natively is just silly.

5. KaduPSE

KaduPSE Revolution and cake

Dec 26, 2015
    Brazil
    Not gonna happen. Also, before posting, keep in mind that for every emulator not available on the 3DS there are already at least 10 previous posts here. Every week there's a new post asking if we can emulate/inject DS titles without a flashcart, if we can emulate N64, if we can boot Windows XP, if Armloader9 boots Android, if that Twilight Princess video is a real GameCube emulator, the answer to all that is no, and probaby never going to be possible, the hardware is limited and our libs are too.

6. EternalAnt
    OP

EternalAnt Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    All right, I wasn't saying I wanted one, I just wanted to see what you guys thought.
    Thanks, though.