jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
DeSmuME 0.9 Released
Reworked 3D Core & Compatibility Fixes

Click for Larger Image

An update for DeSmuME, a Nintendo DS emulator for the PC & Macintosh, has been released.
In the new version (0.9), the developers have reworked the 3D core for the emulator. The emulator should play and handle 3D games more efficiently.
ROM compatibility has been improved and many games and homebrew are running better (and some working for the first time ever).
The team plans to keeping making major updates for the emulator, and we'll make sure to keep you updated as soon as new versions are released.

Release Notes said:
This new release is the product of hundreds of new code improvements: We now have an almost 100% reworked 3D core, which is shared amongst all ports for the first time, and have better save states. Compatibility has been improved across the board. The huge number of reworked systems and small fixes is noticeable on some games and homebrew games are running better–or even running at all for the first time. And this work has not stopped, so stay tuned for what’s coming in the future!

download.gif
Download Latest PC Version
download.gif
Download Latest Mac Version (Coming Soon)
desmumeicon.png
Official DeSmuME Development Blog
icon11.gif
DeSmuME Compatibility List
discuss.png
Discuss

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:
Aw man, no Mac release yet.
Whatever, I am just happy to see this project is not dead.No, they released v0.9 of DesMuME for the Mac...I just haven't uploaded it yet (I'll do that shortly).

QUOTE(Ace Gunman @ Jan 6 2009, 07:13 PM) Hows the sound quality? That has been my biggest issue in the past.
From the games I've played the sound seems to be 100% working...though I didn't test many games.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
JPH said:
Ace Gunman said:
Hows the sound quality? That has been my biggest issue in the past.
From the games I've played the sound seems to be 100% working...though I didn't test many games.
Excellent, excellent. Now to finally play Professor Layton and the Phoenix Wright games.
tongue.gif

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
toitoi-
That game is
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fate
Maybe you heard of the Gamecube version.

I am surprised you don't know, but anyways, its a nice game.
The graphics are pretty good, nice but inconsistent voice acting, and nice gameplay.

But don't take my word for it. Try it out. If you get the Moogles of Death, update your firmware.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Always good to be able to try games and homebrew (especially those with little to no description) out before puttin' on the microSD.

And I'd also like to know if this is better than no$gba, if anyone's done any testing.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Should I swap my No$GBA for this?

No, run it ALONG WITH No$GBA. That way, if a game won't run in one emu, you can try it in the other.

To be honest, I've not used the DS emu's much.....a little No$GBA and an ancient version of DeSmuME. How does this version of DeSmuME stand up to the current No$GBA? Last time I did a comparison, No$GBA was MUCH better, which is why I ask.

I have so little time right now I never can do anything fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: