Hacking Demo disc work for twilight hack?

weiff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the option to buy a "not for resale" demo copy of the twilight princess for the Wii. My question is, does anybody know if the .elf hack works with a demo copy? It should considering the location of the hack it is early in the game but not sure if it is early in the game code. I'd like to know if anyone can verify.

Also, I bought the gamecube version, so I don't need to buy the full game. Sorry, I'm a purest... LEFT-HANDED LINK FTW!!

weiff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking that, but was concerned about bricking if the hack wasn't there. I have a feeling this is one of the play at a kiosk discs that game stores get before the release.

weiff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It shouldn't need the whole game, as long as it can handle the save file and has the full elf loader code. Most demos have the full menus and first 5% or so of the game. So I would expect that I am fine.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
can you find me another copy of the game, I want to see the demo...!!
smile.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it very likely WILL NOT work, because the kiosk demo available does not work, personally tested.

however, still a cool piece of memorabelia (spelling on that may be poor)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkangel5000 said:
Weren't demo discs on the wii nothing else than retail games, but labeled "demo" to be used in a demo kiosk?

as I said right above you, a kiosk demo of zelda that is floating around does not have tp-hack access.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the demo/kiosk versions don't allow you to save or load from a save, so, no, the TP hack won't work.

The gamecube version won't work either, since it's using the MIOS to load the gamecube game.

ONLY the FULL version of the Wii Zelda Twilight Princess will work for the Twilight Hack.

If you ever wanna sell that demo disc, let me know, or if you decided to make a torrent of it, that would be awesome too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.