Deleting "Read-Only" folders?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Raestloz, Dec 9, 2008.

Dec 9, 2008
  1. Raestloz
    OP

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    A while back, I made some folders Read-Only, that way important stuffs won't be lost. But somehow now I can't remove the folder, what should I do?

2. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Right click the folder, and uncheck read-only

3. Raestloz
    OP

Indonesia
    Done that, but the read-only attribute won't detach, no matter what I do, I wouldn't post this if it's that easy for me lol

4. Filter

Member Filter GBAtemp Regular

United States
  5. Raestloz
    OP

Indonesia
    Pisses me off, not working.

Apparently my folder's name is "Alt+01952", a null character, but is not space character, useful for me but it looks like command prompt dislikes that character, no effect whatsoever, so I tried using the erase command, turns out it didn't erase that invisible folder, it removes evrything but the troublesome folder.

So I decided to remove the videos and pictures folder and create a new folder with the same name, ictures and Videos, I lost my Videos (I backed up my pictures after my videos lost thanks to command prompt and my stupidity) and it wokrs wonders, no invisible folder in sight.

Actually, I think the problem lies in the folder's name, should I name it properly, this won't happen :sigh:

6. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    This happened to me as well(files had names that Windows couldn't display that I created on my computer) and I ended up just doing it at home. Grab this (It is Damn Small Linux but it comes with qemu setup). Delete the files using DSL, it should work.

ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions...10-embedded.zip