Hacking Decision-EDGE or Supercard One?

nobodyyouknow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to do everything with my DS flashcart, and I have a decision, both options at the same price-point. Am I over-looking something, because they look like they're pretty similar as far as features. Can somebody sell me one or the other?

nobodyyouknow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it's more expensive, flimsier built, and the EDGE is a cheaper copy of the CycloDS. Could you give me some reasons, or are you just being a dick?

edit:oh, and some of the (gray?) card readers that come with it brick your card.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
The old cyclods's are frimsier built but these are VERY old. The edge hardly gets supported and is featureless compared to the real thing and isn't the supercard also expensive? (don't quote me on this though. Also, the cardreaders are a freebee and mine works perfectly but i admit they arent the best as my friend bought a cyclods yesterday and his doesn't work.

EDIT: Just to let you know that everyone has their own opinion and and i respect that.

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
If money is the issue get the Edge. Its a clone of CycloDS but works properly it supposed to be. CycloDS is expensive because of the extra added features that i can care less about but a good thing to have, if you have lots of money to spend.

nobodyyouknow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm biting the bullet and ordering from DealExtreme, so everything's ridiculously cheap. Regardless, normal prices for the EDGE are in the $25-30 range and Supercards in the $35-45 range.

Dealextreme prices are 24 and 28 for the edge and supercard respectively.

Good to hear the cycloDSs aren't flimsy anymore, though.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, CycloDS is a great cart, no flimsy design, and options it has are always good to have if you'll ever need them..

From those two carts, I'd choose SuperCard...It's not expensive, you get all the extras, as it's a only cart that has all current available options..
Firmware is a bit slower, but as you get very powerful cart, it's not such a big deal for firmware..

nobodyyouknow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like Supercard 2, EDGE 1/2, CycloDS 1, good enough for me, packing this shit up now. Thanks for the help.

You guys don't close threads around here, do you?

hmm

how about...that.... weather?

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDGE is not really a Cyclo clone because it doesn't have its actually decent features (namely real time save)
Get a Supercard.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
silent sniper said:
I wouldn't ever need the slo-mo or real time saving that the cyclo has, I'd go for the edge!
Yes, some people don't need the extra features, but SCDS1 has one of the best support in the business.

It may not be as good as the Cyclo's support, but the Supercard team has been in the industry since the introduction of ds flaskarts. Besides, the Supercard team never dropped support for any of their products as of now. They still update their Slot-2 carts with features every once in a while.

As for the EDGE, they've been around since not too long ago, and their support is just game compatibility fixes and more cheats to the database.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
silent sniper said:
I wouldn't ever need the slo-mo or real time saving that the cyclo has, I'd go for the edge!
I can't begin to phatom how one would "never need" RTS.
I find it extremely useful. Be it because I have to turn off the DS suddently because I need to go somewhere and don't want to lose my progress. Or be it because abusing "chance games" is fun =p

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nobodyyouknow said:
But it's more expensive, flimsier built, and the EDGE is a cheaper copy of the CycloDS.

you do realise that the EDGE card is a rip off of the cyclo DS right? also the quality of the cyclo DS is not "flimsy" as you put it. buying a cyclo DS will get you updates faster than you buying a clone, just think about it.

unggoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how's the spring-loaded slot on the SC DS-1?.. edge doesn't have spring on it so maybe it is better, for people who really dont need the extra features of the SC DS-1?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
get the edge, no spring-slot, great firmware and support and 0% failure rate
smile.gif

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would go with the Supercard. I have the V3 with SDHC. It is an awesome card that has (almost) all of the features of the CycloDS, but for only 28 bucks, you cant beat it.

I will admit that the SCDS firmware is laggy, but you can fix that by using the triple loader with the YSmenu and DSTT firmwares, which both load games very quickly from what i hear. Never tried using it as of yet.

Go with the Supercard. Or splurge on the Cyclo, but I dont know if I would get the edge seeing as it is supposedly a clone and the firmware may not come regularly.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lenselijer said:
get the edge, no spring-slot, great firmware and support and 0% failure rate
smile.gif
It did have some problems a few months back you know. The firmwares are average, and some prefer spring loaded instead of no spring. And besides, there are no carts that have 0% failure rate.

I'm not saying the EDGE is a bad cart. It was one of the choices of cart I was going to buy. But I thought the SCDS1 was better, and got it instead.

And It seems to have an ok support, seeing they release firmwares for game compatibility fixes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu