DealExtreme?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by LordMelkor, Dec 1, 2008.

Dec 1, 2008

DealExtreme? by LordMelkor at 8:06 PM (4,355 Views / 0 Likes) 28 replies

1. LordMelkor
    OP

Newcomer LordMelkor Advanced Member

United States
    I searched GBAtemp for threads regarding this retailer, and the only complaint I saw was regarding their speed and inconsistency with many item orders. But the prices all seem suspiciously low, does anyone have comments about this site? (Also some times the same item appears to be listed multiple times at different prices, such as in the link below multiple "R4 Ultra SDHC"s... very suspicious...)

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.604

2. damole

Member damole GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A lot of their things arn't real authentic products, although they are so cheap, it doesn't really matter! XD

3. JPdensetsu

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    The prices are different because... sometimes you'll get a 2 GB micro SD card. For example: There are 3 different DSTT card. One with the new package, one with no package and one with 2GB micro SD [​IMG] And btw, some of them are fake [​IMG] I've to say, the site is very good, I've got my EDGE is a week [​IMG]

4. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    dealextreme is good but all of their flash memory is fake and you can usually get legit ones in the USA for the same money or less so it's a waste.

i've ordered m3 reals from there and they work fine. and I got my R4 from there when they still made real ones.

most of dealextreme's inventory is useless crap, but some stuff is fun to search through (but not buy, yeesh who needs that junk)

dealextreme is the only place i'd buy a flash cart from.

5. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    I've bought from them a number of times.
    So long as you know what you're looking for, they're pretty good.
    The problem with the R4 cards is that there are so many clones that you can't be sure which one you might get.

What are you planning to order?

6. sk3tch

Member sk3tch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've ordered about 5 Kingston 2GB microSDs from them and they were all real. I checked them on Kingston's website. That was in the first half of this year, so maybe things have changed...but yeah.

7. damole

Member damole GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, they're weird. They have half fake and half real items. They can't decide. >.>

8. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    yeah, I've had legit kingstons from them.

but yeah.... they are generally slow but they are cheap. i guess " you get what you pay for " is the phrase needed here!

9. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    One other cliche applies here, too.

Caveat Emptor

10. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    i recommend them, order 4 ak 2.1 all working good so far
    ordered psp lcd screen for $40 which is dirt cheap

11. Mr.Seiko

Member Mr.Seiko GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I can say that I have placed Multiple $300+ Orders with them for various flash carts and TF Memory cards, and all were legit, and amazingly priced.

In general, imitation products are listed as such, and if you order what is listed as a Genuine, but you get a fake, submit a support request and they will replace it.

Overall, Great Site, Great Customer service.

12. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Well, you got your confirmation, but one more vote won't hurt!

I have bought several times from them, never had any problems..
    "They are great if you know what are you looking for" is a nice way to put it..They have some useless thingies in their stock, but at flashcarts, they are unbeatable!

13. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I bought my Supercard DS1 SDHC from them 8 months ago, along with a lot of crap, and they arrived in 2 weeks. Everything was legit, and everything I ordered still works fine to this day.

Along with that, I bought a PS2 controller and a memory stick recently, which arrived in amazing 6 days. They're also working fine.

In short, I recommend them.

14. LordMelkor
    OP

Newcomer LordMelkor Advanced Member

United States
    I was thinking of getting an edge from there, so I guess I'll be ok doing that.

15. Knarf

Member Knarf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've gotten only a few things from them.

Onestation Blue - took 15 business days to come, but it was a really good price.

PSP 4gb memory stick - took a week to come, was a faker, but works the same

DSTT card + 1gb MSD card - ordered last friday, didn't come yet hope its real

16. tanooki

Member tanooki GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They normally state if the item is fake or not >_>

17. Smatchmo

Member Smatchmo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i've made 5 separate orders from DX ove the past 6 months, and i, an anonymous person on a message board, am very satisfied with 'em.

seriously, i've got zero complaints with them and will continue to buy from them. there was a delay on one item, but this was a problem with the manufacturer, not DX, and the item was only delayed a week.

my purchases:
    - ezflash + flash cart
    - ezflash 3in1
    - Guitar Hero player
    - GBA storage device (this one was delayed)
    - car charger thingy (it's technical term) for DS

if i remember right, all but 1 (the GH player) was shipped with online tracking, all arrived in 1-2 weeks (2 weeks MAX, and that was for the GBA device), and all were just as described and not fake (the GH player was 3rd party, but i don't consider that 'fake').

without even reading through this thread, i know i'm not the first to vouch for DX.
    yes, they are the bee's knees.

side note: my only other experience with buying DS stuff online is with abotcity.com.
    they're more expensive and i only purchased from them once, but them seem to be alright. i'll be staying with DX though.

18. budrow66

Member budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ya most of thoose R4s are just different versions of clones on that link. I order from DE all the time not just DS related stuff. The only complaint I have is if you use the 1 cent shipping it takes 2 weeks or a little longer to get to the US, but for 1 cent shipping from Hong Kong I'll wait. I have always had good sevice from them and they have always refunded or replaced any defective products. Overall good quality, good price, good sevice.

19. Lametta

Member Lametta GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I got 7 orders from Dealextrene and all of them went good (2 acekards, usb TF reader, Guitar Hero grip and other stuff) all items arrived safe and working fine. Im very satisfied of the products they sell, and their prices are much lower than italian prices [​IMG]

20. kevenka

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Didn't dealextreme used to sponser Gbatemp?