Deal or No Deal Update 2

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by zatelli, Feb 8, 2007.

Feb 8, 2007

Deal or No Deal Update 2 by zatelli at 3:25 PM (1,710 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. zatelli
    OP

Member zatelli GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France

Deal or No Deal Update 2

Mainly bug fixes

Robert Durbin rolls another update to Deal or No Deal, his homebrew development project.

The Game:

Basically you choose between 26 cases, than you start eliminate other cases. Perioidically you are given deals by a banker. You can choose to take the deal and see what was in your case. If you choose not to take the deal you eliminate more cases til you get to the last 2 cases. Your case and another one. At this point you can keep your case or trade for the other one. The game also keeps track on your previous deals. Its a real simple game but pretty fun to play and of course the cases are different each time you play

[​IMG]

Changelog:

[​IMG] Deal or No Deal Update 2

2. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Only difference on this seems to be the stylus now works on the R4. I would like to restart the game without having to turn the DS off, then on again when the game finishes. Another good improvement would be a scores table on the game were it would save the top 10 winners and the top 10 losers.

3. mr_blonde_88

Member mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

United Kingdom
    yeah, a end game/restart game function & a score table

then make it look pretty 7 like the actual show (UK version)

4. ChowMein

Member ChowMein GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The only problem I have with this release is that the show (IMO) is based 100% on luck - a terrible show.

5. rdurbin

Member rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i made a new version with sound effects and music from the show, you can download it here

also i made a Press Your Luck game, you can get it here

6. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    This version crashes on my R4 while the previous works perfectly.

7. kev3458

Member kev3458 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Works great on my DS-X, also love that show, just saw 1 that the guy was so close to a million, yet accepted deal with 523,000, but has a million in case...[​IMG]

8. adgloride

United Kingdom
    Press your luck at the moment only seems to work on the R4. I've had the deal or no deal working fine on the supercard. Is their anyway of you letting us restart the games instead of us having to keep turning the DS on and off. Great games BTW

9. GBAer

Member GBAer GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I agree, definitely a show watched by the brain dead... it's totally horrendous.

10. rdurbin

United States
    I have updated Press your Luck for anyone interested. I also added a reset to the deal or no deal game like everyone wanted just push any button of click bottom, let me know if it works well. I play to add it to press your luck soon

thanks

Press your Luck
    Deal or no Deal (with sounds)

Please let me know what you guys think about the Sound version. For now im keeping both versions incase one person prefers one over the other

thanks

the links may or may not work, they have been being kinda wierd, might have to find a different place to upload them to

11. adgloride

United Kingdom
    The links worked fine. The reset on deal or no deal does not work. It just stays on the last screen that thanks you for playing. I've pressed buttons and touched the bottom screen and it doesn't reset. It works on the supercard but on the R4 the touch screen doesn't work anymore.

With the press your luck game any chance of releasing a working version for the supercard? It only works on the R4 at the moment, my girlfriend has a supercard and loves these type of games. Can you also put a reset in at the end of press your luck?

12. rdurbin

United States
    Press Your Luck should prob work with super card now and other users, let me know

I will add the reset to it later today. Stylus is completly broken on R4 again? or is it just broken at the end when you try to reset

13. adgloride

United Kingdom
    Deal Or No Deal is broken on the touch screen on the R4. The game boots up but when you touch the numbers nothing happens.

I have played Deal Or No Deal On my SC but the reset function at the end won't work.

14. rdurbin

United States
    try to use deal or no deal on your r4 using the controller and see if it resets, to test this quickly, just take the first deal so the game ends quickly. For me on my g6 and my mk5 stylus works and it does reset when you push a button or click on bottom. also make sure you are not using the sound one

15. blink625

Newcomer blink625 Member

Canada
    Deal or No Deal Update 2 works fine in G6.
    Use the DealorNoDeal SC.nds, and default configuration.

16. quinterrya

Newcomer quinterrya Advanced Member

United States
    i love the game. i kept picking case 7. i won 1 million on the 3rd game. im happy and sad, lol.

17. mcbey

Member mcbey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ive had fun with it two. Haven't got a mil yet. but even my parents, who are fans of the show, like this game.