Deal Extreme

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I recently had a suggestion to go to extremedeal.com and found some shockingly good prices. I know the site does deliver (although it does take its time) but I stumbled upon 8 doller R4s and many other dirt cheap ds flash carts.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19236

So the question is..... Has anybody ever brought from this site? Do they sell fakes?

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes they do sell fakes. All the R4's on that site are fakes. The R4 team stopped producing R4's long ago.

Buy yourself a dirt cheap DSTT from their site. Sometimes you get a fake one but you can contact them about that and they'll work something out with you. Youll end up having a original.
You might also consider a ITouch or M3. Those are 100% original.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've used DX plenty of times. That R4 is definitely a fake, you won't find any real ones these days. You're better off ordering a different more up to date card that still has support from a development team.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spas said:
Hey guys, I recently had a suggestion to go to extremedeal.com and found some shockingly good prices. I know the site does deliver (although it does take its time) but I stumbled upon 8 doller R4s and many other dirt cheap ds flash carts.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19236

So the question is..... Has anybody ever brought from this site? Do they sell fakes?

Are you trying to make me feel dyslexic?
wacko.gif

Yeah, dealextreme is a very good site to order from. Very well trusted.

Also, there needs to be a sticky on dealextreme as there are people asking about it constantly.

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info everyone, sorry if I am the 1000th poster asking about dealextreme.

sgand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've ordered something from them everyday this week!
biggrin.gif

And I still have the website up on another tab. lol

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I still don't see why people keep recommending the DSTT. The OS is nothing special with lagg in the menus and there haven't been too many updates for it lately. I'd say that a Ak2 for $12 combined with AKAIO is a much better choice.

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
DealExtreme is extremely reliable, if also extremely slow, as many have said. I've ordered stuff to the tune of $500 and I'm not disappointed.

But they do sell fakes, it takes a bit of skill distinguishing fakes from real ones. Do go with the Acekard 2 and a Genuine Japanese Kingston MicroSD.

MicroSDHC cards + AK2 == You absolutely must have Panasonic SDFormatter.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hiya

Seeing you are from UK too, I've ordered from DX 3 times, all shipping took me a week.

Like others said, STAY AWAY from R4, no matters what! 99.9% chances that they are fakes. R4 Team have stopped supporting this flashcart. So you are better off with CycloDS (from another sites) or AK2.

I've been QUITE happy with DX. It's not awesome as I sometimes get stuff that's filmsy but what do you expect for the prices?

I'd say go ahead with it.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah as above ordered loads of things from them if its flash cards avoid R4's as they are fakes they don't make them anymore (mentioned above)

TTDS cards get the one mentioned above sku.15613

they sell loads of other stuff too some fake some real some reconditioned some brand new
smile.gif

read the reviews on there or ask on here someone will know whats what
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: