emirof

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

So I just closed a wii up after installing an argon chip. But now the wii DVD drive is dead. The Blue light still works but the dvd drive makes no sounds or feeds disks when I try to insert them.
I read that a blown fuse could be the reason but I don't think this is the case since I was never near there during the installation.

If I bridged 2 legs on the D2C could it be the reason? Or what else might it be ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bridging legs is one possibility. You should be able to see though, grab a desoldering braid if you have (solder sucker will probably not work here).

First take the case back off (you can boot without it) and desolder from the chip side to see if it is a dud chip or messed up that way (if I were to be it would be that). You can then solder the chip back with relative ease.

Fuse: outside chance, I am not sure where they are on D2C setups but the bridging technique will work to test. Get another fuse once you are done (old electronics should have one you can scrounge),

emirof

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok ! Thanks, I got myself a multimeter and found some bridges. So now it's up running again, and I'm ready for a seccond try xD...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1