Hacking Data abort

newyorkampharos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after successfully installing soundhax and all that jazz on my 3ds using the 3ds.guide thing, i decided to install it on my other one, an old 3dsxl. I followed all the steps, but after pressing start to save and reboot Luma, this happened. An exception occured, and the exception type is a data abort. This is the file that was created. It says to press any button to shut down, but when you shut down and power up again, the same thing occurs. I tried a solution I saw where someone just removed the sd card during this and it worked, but nothing happened for me. I don't know if this is part of the problem, but this 3ds already had menuhax installed, and i wanted to replace it. I did not delete any of the already installed files (just replaced them if there were duplicates). Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm just freaking out a little bit as this 3ds is basically useless unless i can fix this.
Thanks.

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000000.zip
    362 bytes · Views: 121

dotqurter_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Could you give us the SysNAND Vers, what hax is running (B9S or A9LH), vers of Luma3DS, etc?
Also: Newer versions of Luma have been causing data aborts (on arm11 kernel), so its probably nothing. Try using a older version of Luma. (I believe a version of Luma 7.1 has B9S support, try it)

Last edited by dotqurter_,
Reactions: newyorkampharos

newyorkampharos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you give us the SysNAND Vers, what hax is running (B9S with what?), vers of Luma3DS, etc?
Also: Newer versions of Luma have been causing data aborts (on arm11 kernel), so its probably nothing. Try using a older version of Luma. (I believe a version of Luma 7.1 has B9S support, try it)
Everything is running the most recent version, and I'm running with soundhax. I figured out that I could go into Godmode, but I don't really know what to do with it and it still reboots into the error screen.

newyorkampharos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Sounds like Luma3DS is the cause. Try reinstalling Luma3DS. Make sure you're using B9S 1.2 when using newer Luma versions.
I'm not sure what you meant by reinstall since i don't think I ever "launched" it on my 3ds, but i replaced the boot.firm and checked that it is b9s 1.2, but the same error message is still appearing.

newyorkampharos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that means you haven't moved your boot.firm to your CTRNAND yet. Without being able to boot into the home menu, I can't tell if Luma is the culprit or something else.
Is there anything i can do to temporarily stop the problem? Will doing something like erasing every recently installed file help?

newyorkampharos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I believe it'd make it harder for us to figure out what's wrong. Can (if you don't mind) you .zip your SD contents and upload it to a site? Or post pics of your SD card's root?
Here is the root, does the fact that one of the items has a (2) after it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 10.04.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 10.04.53 AM.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 255

dotqurter_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
No, since that's soundhax, it shouldn't matter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's my SD card root, its functioning with Luma not crashing.

Also, here's my Luma to try.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-15_13-06-10.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-15_13-06-10.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 257
  • boot.firm.zip
    104.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by dotqurter_,
Reactions: newyorkampharos

newyorkampharos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, since that's soundhax, it shouldn't matter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's my SD card root, its functioning with Luma not crashing.

Also, here's my Luma to try.
i have replaced the Boot.firm, but the same error seems to be occuring, ugh. Should i try clearing everything installed today and retry, or wait for another solution?

newyorkampharos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats quite weird how your 3DS is reacting. It normally shouldn't be doing that. So that means that you probably have a borked B9S install. Try re-running SafeB9SInstaller.
Im really sorry this is so nooby, but how to I re-run it? I can't do anything other than boot into godmode and shutdown my 3ds when i boot normally.

newyorkampharos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the legacy version that doesn't include Rosalina. There should be a link in the guide.
I couldn't find whatyou meant, but i looked over at the guide, and it said to reset the luma config, so i did and when it booted into that, i selected the show string, but after preessing start to save, it went back into the error screen again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol