Data abort

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by newyorkampharos, Jul 15, 2017.

1. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    So, after successfully installing soundhax and all that jazz on my 3ds using the 3ds.guide thing, i decided to install it on my other one, an old 3dsxl. I followed all the steps, but after pressing start to save and reboot Luma, this happened. An exception occured, and the exception type is a data abort. This is the file that was created. It says to press any button to shut down, but when you shut down and power up again, the same thing occurs. I tried a solution I saw where someone just removed the sd card during this and it worked, but nothing happened for me. I don't know if this is part of the problem, but this 3ds already had menuhax installed, and i wanted to replace it. I did not delete any of the already installed files (just replaced them if there were duplicates). Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm just freaking out a little bit as this 3ds is basically useless unless i can fix this.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. dotqurter_

dotqurter_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    Could you give us the SysNAND Vers, what hax is running (B9S or A9LH), vers of Luma3DS, etc?
    Also: Newer versions of Luma have been causing data aborts (on arm11 kernel), so its probably nothing. Try using a older version of Luma. (I believe a version of Luma 7.1 has B9S support, try it)

Last edited by dotqurter_, Jul 15, 2017
    newyorkampharos likes this.
  3. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    Everything is running the most recent version, and I'm running with soundhax. I figured out that I could go into Godmode, but I don't really know what to do with it and it still reboots into the error screen.

4. dotqurter_

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    Hm. Sounds like Luma3DS is the cause. Try reinstalling Luma3DS. Make sure you're using B9S 1.2 when using newer Luma versions.

5. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    I'm not sure what you meant by reinstall since i don't think I ever "launched" it on my 3ds, but i replaced the boot.firm and checked that it is b9s 1.2, but the same error message is still appearing.

6. dotqurter_

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    Does it load to the home menu when booting w/out SD? This would confirm that it is either Luma or how your SD is configured.

7. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    When I boot without the sd, it doesn't boot. the blue light kind of glows for a second and then disappears.

8. dotqurter_

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    So that means you haven't moved your boot.firm to your CTRNAND yet. Without being able to boot into the home menu, I can't tell if Luma is the culprit or something else.

9. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    Is there anything i can do to temporarily stop the problem? Will doing something like erasing every recently installed file help?

10. dotqurter_

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    No, I believe it'd make it harder for us to figure out what's wrong. Can (if you don't mind) you .zip your SD contents and upload it to a site? Or post pics of your SD card's root?

11. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    Here is the root, does the fact that one of the items has a (2) after it?

Attached Files:

12. dotqurter_

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    No, since that's soundhax, it shouldn't matter.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Here's my SD card root, its functioning with Luma not crashing.

Also, here's my Luma to try.

Attached Files:

13. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    i have replaced the Boot.firm, but the same error seems to be occuring, ugh. Should i try clearing everything installed today and retry, or wait for another solution?

14. dotqurter_

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    Thats quite weird how your 3DS is reacting. It normally shouldn't be doing that. So that means that you probably have a borked B9S install. Try re-running SafeB9SInstaller.

15. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    Im really sorry this is so nooby, but how to I re-run it? I can't do anything other than boot into godmode and shutdown my 3ds when i boot normally.

16. dotqurter_

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    lost in ARM9
    Put your SafeB9SInstaller.firm (if it exists) into luma/payloads/

17. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    I redownloaded it, added it to payloads, reinstalled it, and the same error messafe appeared again!

18. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Try the legacy version that doesn't include Rosalina. There should be a link in the guide.

19. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    I couldn't find whatyou meant, but i looked over at the guide, and it said to reset the luma config, so i did and when it booted into that, i selected the show string, but after preessing start to save, it went back into the error screen again.

20. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia