Hacking Data Abort Error on Majora's Mask 3D

Parafin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, I don't know if this is the right place to put this.

I was playing Majora's Mask 3D and I was using some NTR cheats, but multiple times, at pretty random points in the game, my game would crash and I'd receive a "Data Abort Error". These points included: receiving a Piece of Heart from Anju's Grandmother, and trying to enter the house with Gibdos outside in Ikana Canyon.

But the really strange thing is that when I tried to play it without NTR, the error still came up again. So now I'm really baffled to the problem. I never had this error with OOT3D. I would appreciate some insight!

I can't really reproduce the error due to the randomness of the situation, but I can provide a similar one from online. The "current process" and the random letters and numbers are changed, but everything else is the same as mine.

Attachments

• 1VZ9O9G.jpg
    1VZ9O9G.jpg
    991.8 KB · Views: 535
Last edited by Parafin,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you use cheats, they either edit the save file in realtime or permanently. If you use cheats that save permanently like giving yourself key items, cheating hearts, etc you can break the game if/when you get to those points where you're supposed to get them/use them etc. Just saying you've more than likely corrupted your save by using those cheats, you can't fix it.

My suggestion is to in the future backup your save TWICE. That way you can edit one of them, and if something goes wrong you have a fresh one to revert to so you don't have to start over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)