Daedalus X64 Beta 2 Out for PSP

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Mar 2, 2009.

Mar 2, 2009

Daedalus X64 Beta 2 Out for PSP by War at 3:13 PM (1,766 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"Big news, the beta 2 for Daedalus X64 is out now and ready for download. This version features some major changes, so your ROMS run much smoother than before, plus a lot of other changes from the first beta. Check the complete changelog below:

Changelog
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Glad to see that StrmnNrmn is back in action, by the way.

This release also comes in different "flavors" as Kreationz put it. "Lite" has only the essentials to play, no more than that, so it comes at less than 1MB. There's the expansion, which features controller configs and box art for most ROMs, thanks to the JPEG support. There's the full version, which is a combination of both Lite and the expansion, which is recommended for most users to give them the full experience.

Then for debuggers, there's the Developer package, which is built in debug mode.

Only the Lite version is available so far at SourceForge, so we'll update this post as soon as the others arrive. Well, that's about it, download and enjoy!"

Download
    Source

2. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Good to know that this is still being worked on [​IMG] . I was afraid that he just gave up, since there's been no word from him for a long time. Hopefully I can get something to play on this.

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    previously posted here

been testing this and the only game I found to work good at all was Mario 64 other games load or jitter or freeze randomly!

4. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    You must be doing something wrong then, there are a lot of games that are compatible with this emulator and work. Super Smash Bros works fine with frame skip on. Besides, just the fact that some of these games work is already amazing as it is.

5. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    Plus this is the lite version correct, Im assuming the "full" version would work better

Oh and I got Smash working with frameskip on, it wasnt bad at all.

6. florian

Member florian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    tried 3 rom and not work its craps [​IMG]

7. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You people really have to shut the fuck up about games not working. You clearly don't know a damn thing about this emulator, nor do you know anything about trying to code a high level emulator like this.

"OMFG PS1 GAMES WORK FINE AN N64 EMULATOR SHOULD BE A PIECE OF CAKE WTFBBQTITS!!1!!1" No, it shouldn't for many, many reasons. One being the N64 is much more powerful than the PS1. Another being a multi-billion dollar corporation created the PS1 emulator. Look at how shitty the homebrew PS1 emulator runs. This project was started by one person (StrmnNrmn) and over 90% of its development has been handled by just him in his spare time.

Also, there were never that many games that worked with this emulator. Some of the best games work: Mario 64, Mario Kart, OoT (painful, but playable). I haven't tried this release, but it's not going to magically become fully compatible and full-speed. If you don't like it either shut up or go code your own. This is a project that StrmnNrmn has worked very hard on completely in his spare time and has done a damn fine job. Grow up and have some respect.

8. DarkCamui

Member DarkCamui GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    I bet licking his ass will make him work harder to.

9. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    what? How would licking some dude's ass make him work harder?

10. ChaosBoi

United States
    For those who still cares or wants to give this a go, Beta 2 full has just been released. You should add this link to the top, War.

11. Cablephish

Member Cablephish Show me...

Canada
    You people are lucky this guy is putting ANY effort into making this emulator. While you're bitching and moaning, people are sacrificing there time to create an emulator.

Baby steps.

And good work on the emulator Daedalus team. [​IMG]

12. kobykaan

United Kingdom

What PSP are you using PHAT or LITE ? (Lite has double the memory of that PHAT!)

I'm using PHAT btw with 5.0 m33-6

What are your EXACT settings for SMASH BROS !? The furthest I got loading it was the second intro screen with the dog on it! then it just froze wouldn't go any further [​IMG]

maby we should post settings for each game for reference ... or is their one?! ...not really bothered to take a look round the net at the minute too busy [​IMG]

13. ChaosBoi

United States
    The game also works well for me. The only problems that this emu still has are sounds, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the main focus with the emu right now.

For my settings, I've used the default ones that were in the Full Package, and then changed the frameskip to like 1 and 2. Anyway, if you still want to know the settings, here are the ones that should be disabled:

- Double Display
    - Texture Check
    - Sound (Optional)

Everything else should be enabled. If it still doesn't work, you probably have a bad dump of the game.

14. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    I wonder if Banjo Kazooie is working [​IMG]

15. kobykaan

United Kingdom

you was right it was the dump! [​IMG]

had a working one from a full n64 rom set but was oversized compared to one i just got and now its working [​IMG]

cheers for the suggestion maby should of tried another dump first lol ... altho never thought to due to it working fine on the pc [​IMG]