Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
daedalus%20x64%20banner_qjpreviewth.png

"Big news, the beta 2 for Daedalus X64 is out now and ready for download. This version features some major changes, so your ROMS run much smoother than before, plus a lot of other changes from the first beta. Check the complete changelog below:

Changelog
* Added exception handler to emulation (Chilly Willy)
* Made UI selection wrap at top and bottom (Chilly Willy)
* Cleaned up the ROM preferences (Chilly Willy)
* ME Audio uses CPU event (CPU event system made thread-safe) (Chilly Willy)
* ME Audio made conditional (Async = ME, Sync = Old Audio) (Chilly Willy)
* Several Custom Blends Added (Kreationz, ShinyDude100, Wally)
* Rewrote microcode detection to fix a couple of bugs (StrmnNrmn)
* Added support for LOAD_UCODE, fixes a number of rendering glitches (StrmnNrmn)
* Speed hack detection (howard0su)
* Added JPEG support (howard0su)
* Fixed an assert causing some homebrew not to run (StrmnNrmn)
* Added support for FlashRam and Eeprom16k save type (howard0su)
* Reworked saving/loading system (howard0su)
* OSEHLE Enabled with several OSHLE commands (Small speed up)(howard0su)
* Improved Audio ME code (Faster with Audio on) (Chilly Willy)
* Use VFPU to handle more transform and lighting (StrmnNrmn)
* Various rendering optimisations (StrmnNrmn)
* Various ucodes, many games show up correctly now (Wally)
* Corrected many savetypes in rom.ini (Wally)
* Various code cleanup (howard0su)

Glad to see that StrmnNrmn is back in action, by the way.

This release also comes in different "flavors" as Kreationz put it. "Lite" has only the essentials to play, no more than that, so it comes at less than 1MB. There's the expansion, which features controller configs and box art for most ROMs, thanks to the JPEG support. There's the full version, which is a combination of both Lite and the expansion, which is recommended for most users to give them the full experience.

Then for debuggers, there's the Developer package, which is built in debug mode.

Only the Lite version is available so far at SourceForge, so we'll update this post as soon as the others arrive. Well, that's about it, download and enjoy!"

Download
Source

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good to know that this is still being worked on
smile.gif
. I was afraid that he just gave up, since there's been no word from him for a long time. Hopefully I can get something to play on this.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
previously posted here

been testing this and the only game I found to work good at all was Mario 64 other games load or jitter or freeze randomly!
You must be doing something wrong then, there are a lot of games that are compatible with this emulator and work. Super Smash Bros works fine with frame skip on. Besides, just the fact that some of these games work is already amazing as it is.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plus this is the lite version correct, Im assuming the "full" version would work better

Oh and I got Smash working with frameskip on, it wasnt bad at all.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people really have to shut the fuck up about games not working. You clearly don't know a damn thing about this emulator, nor do you know anything about trying to code a high level emulator like this.

"OMFG PS1 GAMES WORK FINE AN N64 EMULATOR SHOULD BE A PIECE OF CAKE WTFBBQTITS!!1!!1" No, it shouldn't for many, many reasons. One being the N64 is much more powerful than the PS1. Another being a multi-billion dollar corporation created the PS1 emulator. Look at how shitty the homebrew PS1 emulator runs. This project was started by one person (StrmnNrmn) and over 90% of its development has been handled by just him in his spare time.

Also, there were never that many games that worked with this emulator. Some of the best games work: Mario 64, Mario Kart, OoT (painful, but playable). I haven't tried this release, but it's not going to magically become fully compatible and full-speed. If you don't like it either shut up or go code your own. This is a project that StrmnNrmn has worked very hard on completely in his spare time and has done a damn fine job. Grow up and have some respect.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You people are lucky this guy is putting ANY effort into making this emulator. While you're bitching and moaning, people are sacrificing there time to create an emulator.

Baby steps.

And good work on the emulator Daedalus team.
biggrin.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War said:
kobykaan said:
previously posted here

been testing this and the only game I found to work good at all was Mario 64 other games load or jitter or freeze randomly!
You must be doing something wrong then, there are a lot of games that are compatible with this emulator and work. Super Smash Bros works fine with frame skip on. Besides, just the fact that some of these games work is already amazing as it is.

What PSP are you using PHAT or LITE ? (Lite has double the memory of that PHAT!)

I'm using PHAT btw with 5.0 m33-6

What are your EXACT settings for SMASH BROS !? The furthest I got loading it was the second intro screen with the dog on it! then it just froze wouldn't go any further
frown.gif

maby we should post settings for each game for reference ... or is their one?! ...not really bothered to take a look round the net at the minute too busy
frown.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game also works well for me. The only problems that this emu still has are sounds, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the main focus with the emu right now.

For my settings, I've used the default ones that were in the Full Package, and then changed the frameskip to like 1 and 2. Anyway, if you still want to know the settings, here are the ones that should be disabled:

- Double Display
- Texture Check
- Sound (Optional)

Everything else should be enabled. If it still doesn't work, you probably have a bad dump of the game.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ChaosBoi said:
The game also works well for me. The only problems that this emu still has are sounds, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the main focus with the emu right now.

For my settings, I've used the default ones that were in the Full Package, and then changed the frameskip to like 1 and 2. Anyway, if you still want to know the settings, here are the ones that should be disabled:

- Double Display
- Texture Check
- Sound (Optional)

Everything else should be enabled. If it still doesn't work, you probably have a bad dump of the game.

you was right it was the dump!
frown.gif

had a working one from a full n64 rom set but was oversized compared to one i just got and now its working
smile.gif

cheers for the suggestion maby should of tried another dump first lol ... altho never thought to due to it working fine on the pc
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: