D2CKey won't read backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by newr, Oct 19, 2009.

1. newr
    OP

newr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    Canada
    Hi, I need help on this one. I have a D2CKey installed Japanese console that I did region change and updated to 4.1U using waninokok's update. I know that I need to set the jumper for the modchip to U.S., so I removed the solder for Jumper 2. After that, when I turn the machine one...it did read the backup disc on the channel..but I didn't actually boot the disc.

I then downgraded the console back to 3.2U as my weather/news channel wasn't working and it says it need to do a system update before it can work. So I went back to 3.2U thinking I can then insert a Wii Fit disc to do the update. After downgrading, I noticed the backup disc is no longer read. It can read the original Wii Fit disc.

So now I am stuck as the modchip doesn't seem to read the backup anymore. It was working fine all long, and I assume the connection is intact since it did read the backup zelda I had after I modify the jumper. I don't understand how downgrading would stop a hardmod to work though.

Would really appreciate anyone who could help me to get the D2CKey to read backup again.

Thanks

2. newr
    OP

newr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    Canada
    Just an update about the problem. So, I updated the system to 4.1U now, and the backup disc is recognized on the channel. But when I try to run it, it gives a black screen disc error, eject disc and turn power off message.

Never had this problem before when it was running as a Japanese console with JP1 and JP 2 bridged.

Please help

3. nutta_nic

nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2008
    try bridging the pins again and see what happens

4. newr
    OP

newr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    Canada
    Looks like I found the problem...one of the wires came off...argh..this is gonna be tough to solder it back on!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice