Hacking Cyclowiz not upgradable after all?

ds_barf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sebastiaanborghstijn.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
was suprised to find this topic at maxconsole:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=48380

"I can 100% tell you for sure if the Cyclowiz uses any Scenix parts SX28 or others like what was posted in their picture.

There is NO WAY IN MILLION years you could upgrade by disc.

For one thing you need a higher voltage supplied over the OSC pins along with the data which is very tight timing.

I have built my own Scenix programmers and the timing is very hard and wiring and special parts are needed.

There is no way you could have the chip running and reprogram itself by DVD".

That's shitty news for people who ordered the cyclowiz pure for the reason of upgrading the firmware. But a lot of people already supspected that it was a marketing trick (including yours truly
lecture.gif
)

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Omg, that's just to stupid. I always found it odd that the news about the upgradeability came after it shipped to the retailers and I wasn't expected it to be updated if it was possible anyway, but getting overhyped by a feauture that is just not there is even more sad then by a feauture which is not being used of but is there...

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well gee, if that's true, then it makes sense that to upgrade your Cyclowiz you need to add EXTRA WIRING and a special switch. So the requirements have been met! The person who commented on this must have missed the installation manual.

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, even if the chip flashing was possible, doesn't flashing via a DVD imply that you can run unsigned code on the Wii? Which is not possible atm. So I realy wonder how this could be possible rigth now and with a chip which don't allow such feature.

openchip

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nds.truedram.org
XP
Country
Gambia, The
was suprised to find this topic at maxconsole:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=48380

"I can 100% tell you for sure if the Cyclowiz uses any Scenix parts SX28 or others like what was posted in their picture.

There is NO WAY IN MILLION years you could upgrade by disc.

For one thing you need a higher voltage supplied over the OSC pins along with the data which is very tight timing.

I have built my own Scenix programmers and the timing is very hard and wiring and special parts are needed.

There is no way you could have the chip running and reprogram itself by DVD".

That's shitty news for people who ordered the cyclowiz pure for the reason of upgrading the firmware. But a lot of people already supspected that it was a marketing trick (including yours trulyÂ
lecture.gif
)
the million years are passed by then.

the switch goes to +12V needed for programming, and the OSC2 pin to the drive cpu, so if the SX ISP programmed is loaded from disk into the disk drive controller then FULL SX reflashin can be done.

It doesnt mean that cyclowiz is able to provide the update disk that work, but technically it is not impossible.

:a

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what's the point of updating a drive mod anyways?

I mean could you actually increase DVDR compatibility with such an update?

That's basically the only thing they could add since it's not a mobo modchip so can't have it's own fancy GUI and other fluffy features like that

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
MaxConsole reports that they will prove it's possible to update soon, so we'll know if it's bullshit or not then...
Also they say they will release news about the D2B chipset soon, don't think that it will be in the update though, cause it's certainly impossible to update from a drive on which the mod is not working. And they also haven't said that the "news" means a solution, so I wouldn't expect to much from it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1