Hacking CycloDS is the best, correct?

dant2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im about to order a flash cart tomorrow from Realhotstuff (Best vendor right? Anyboy used them?) and i am wondering if i am correct about thinking that the cyclo is the best choice that i have?
Is there anything i need to know?
It takes MicroSDHC cards right?

Revolution [9]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realhotstuff is very reliable, I got my Cyclo DS from there. Yes it can support microSDHC cards. I think that it's money well paid for a Cyclo DS. There are constant beta updates made by the team now accessible to all users when a new game comes out. The team support and updates are truly outstanding and the build quality of the cart itself is very good. It is one of the best carts on the market in my opinion.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here's another vote for the AceKard. AKAIO has yet to have a game that can't be played on it, and if one can't then the firmware update is swift. Team Cyclo, on the other hand, is getting slow with the updates from what I can tell.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Here's another vote for the AceKard. AKAIO has yet to have a game that can't be played on it, and if one can't then the firmware update is swift. Team Cyclo, on the other hand, is getting slow with the updates from what I can tell.
NO WAY. While I do agree that AKAIO has great support, I can vouch for the fact that Cyclo has just as good, if not better.
Team Cyclo was one of the first to release a firmware that could prevent the freezes for HG/SS...(yes, the Cyclo couldn't play it at first and the Acekard could play it, but freezes still occurred) and I do believe it was also one of the first to release a firmware for Warioware: DIY that could save... They aren't getting slow at all..

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
Skyline969 said:
NO WAY. While I do agree that AKAIO has great support, I can vouch for the fact that Cyclo has just as good, if not better.
Team Cyclo was one of the first to release a firmware that could prevent the freezes for HG/SS...(yes, the Cyclo couldn't play it at first and the Acekard could play it, but freezes still occurred) and I do believe it was also one of the first to release a firmware for Warioware: DIY that could save... They aren't getting slow at all..
Like you said, AKAIO didn't need a fix at all. Neither did it for Warioware DIY IIRC.
wink.gif
While Team Cyclo may be quick on their updates (apparently, I don't own a Cyclo), AKAIO requires fewer updates to play the newer games.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
tinymonkeyt said:
Skyline969 said:
Like you said, AKAIO didn't need a fix at all. Neither did it for Warioware DIY IIRC.
wink.gif
While Team Cyclo may be quick on their updates (apparently, I don't own a Cyclo), AKAIO requires fewer updates to play the newer games.
No, AKAIO needs a fix for it as well...it had freezes to a point where it's almost unplayable. AKAIO requires the same amount of fixes... because although it can initially play the games, you can't save (for DIY) and you can't play normally (HG/SS). So um yeah. Just trying to make a point here.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
Skyline969 said:
tinymonkeyt said:
Skyline969 said:
wink.gif
No, AKAIO needs a fix for it as well...it had freezes to a point where it's almost unplayable. AKAIO requires the same amount of fixes... because although it can initially play the games, you can't save (for DIY) and you can't play normally (HG/SS). So um yeah. Just trying to make a point here.
You couldn't play normally on HG/SS on AKAIO? Come 1.6 RC1, not a single thing was wrong with HGSS. However, I didn't know that RC2 was released in order to fix DIY.

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dant2 said:
Im about to order a flash cart tomorrow from Realhotstuff (Best vendor right? Anyboy used them?) and i am wondering if i am correct about thinking that the cyclo is the best choice that i have?

RHS is a great site. I bought my CycloDS from them and didn't have any problems, it also shipped quickly.

If you are getting a DSi though the CycloDS will not work in it. However, the team is incredibly active and updates are both regular and pretty quick.

If it was me I would get the CycloDS because I don't have plans to pick up a DSi. If you have plans to get a DSi, or already have one, I'd pick up an AceKard 2i. I got one for my brother and loaded AKAIO on it. It works for everything he's played, which includes a lot of new titles.

QUOTE(dant2 @ Mar 28 2010, 08:04 PM) It takes MicroSDHC cards right?

Yes, the CycloDS supports SDHC cards.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
You couldn't play normally on HG/SS on AKAIO? Come 1.6 RC1, not a single thing was wrong with HGSS. However, I didn't know that RC2 was released in order to fix DIY.
Oh whoops. My bad then. Well, I was misled by posts like this (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=212979&st=60&p=2653781&#entry2653781) and I really do remember seeing people say that the AKAIO freezes in the patch threads, but I guess not. I stand corrected on that fact, but I'm still adamant about the fact that Cyclo has at least the same great support as does AKAIO. Wasn't trying to diss the AKAIO team, if that's what it seemed like. Wanted to justify Cyclo's team.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
Skyline969 said:
Oh whoops. My bad then. Well, I was misled by posts like this (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=212979&st=60&p=2653781&#entry2653781) and I really do remember seeing people say that the AKAIO freezes in the patch threads, but I guess not. I stand corrected on that fact, but I'm still adamant about the fact that Cyclo has at least the same great support as does AKAIO. Wasn't trying to diss the AKAIO team, if that's what it seemed like. Wanted to justify Cyclo's team.
Haha no worries, your message came across loud and clear. I still stand by my support of the AceKard, as it's a lot cheaper than the Cyclo on any count.
tongue.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Also, RealHotStuff is known to sell fake Acekards at least, and really is not that cheap either, So I would not call it even near "the best" - There is few sites, like GameKool and so on that do sell genuine stuff and are quite cheap. (I have not bought from any, but can read much of positive experiences around)

And AKAIO and CycloDS compatibility is near each other; AKAIO played HeartGold and SoulSilver week before a cyclo beta was released with same fix, but WarioWare fix was on cyclo few days few days before AKAIO, and I am not sure but it seems that RC2 versus latest firmware on cyclo have same compatibility, as shin megami tensei: Strange Journey works regarding the dump and some random factors in; Some people say it works, some say it doesn't.

Feature wise cyclo is "best" - GUI comments may be revoked since in few weeks cycloDS gets a overhaul (reserving for new judgement) - but if you are only seeking really great Compatibility, Acekard 2i serves that area just perfectly as well.

and one more time:
Stay away from RealHotStuff (clone sellers *spits*)

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question - what's the deal with the 'extra' features cards like M3i have? I have a DSi XL (got it today) and am looking for a flashcard since my M3 DS Real is obviously useless.

I don't play too often so updates don't need to be super fast (within a month is fine), but compatibility is the most important thing (next to ease of use). So is an Acekard what I need or CycloDS good? Where does the M3i fit into things and what's the deal with the SuperCardDS Two? I love playing GBA on my M3 DS Real and would like to continue doing so on the XL but it's only worth it if the playback is 100%...

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
nintendough said:
Quick question - what's the deal with the 'extra' features cards like M3i have? I have a DSi XL (got it today) and am looking for a flashcard since my M3 DS Real is obviously useless.

I don't play too often so updates don't need to be super fast (within a month is fine), but compatibility is the most important thing (next to ease of use). So is an Acekard what I need or CycloDS good? Where does the M3i fit into things and what's the deal with the SuperCardDS Two? I love playing GBA on my M3 DS Real and would like to continue doing so on the XL but it's only worth it if the playback is 100%...

you can try reading delta's thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217593
its pretty good
delta actually pinpointed why and when should you get which flash cart
smile.gif

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
nintendough said:

Well nintendough the CycloDS is not compatible with the DSi so I'd advise you to get a Acekard 2i, it can be updated to be compatible with DSi XLs and DSis with 1.4 using a DS lite, DS Phat or pre 1.4 DSi. It has basically the best compatibility with AKAIO. The M3i alright but it isn't as good as a Acekard 2i with AKAIO. SuperCardDS Two probably won't be out for a while and we don't know how good the GBA compatibility will be so...

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
You asked "CycloDS is the best correct?, Yes, No?"

I own the acekard 2i and the CycloDS, the build quality of the CycloDS is way superior to the acekard, i have had 2 of my acekards spring mechanism fail me, making them inoperable.

The acekard's greatness is due to an unofficial firmware (AKAIO), but if you can afford it then buy the CycloDS. I cannot comment on other flashcarts as i only own the CycloDS and acekard 2i.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyclo isn't getting any slower, in fact it got faster. They had a small period when they were slower because they were working on something (whether it was the Stealth Mode or something else it's not clear) but now they're back and promised to update the UI too.

As for compatibility, look at the fix logs for Cyclo and Acekard (or other carts) and you will see that Cyclo needs less fixes.
Sure, sometimes it will happen that a game won't run on Cyclo but will on Acekard, but it will get fixed fast.

Also, Warioware worked first on Cyclo if I remember correctly. And I think Alice wouldn't work on Acekard from the start, but did on Cyclo. These are the new ones I can remember.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...