Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your memory card is so small that you can only fit 50 DS games on it, doubling the save file size will cost you a maximum of 25MB of additional space. That's hardly a big price to pay for more games just working right from the start.

EDIT: As for 512KB saves not working with 1024KB save files, that makes no sense at all. Save types from 0.5KB up through 256KB work just fine with 512KB save files, so there is no reason that 512KB saves can't work with 1024KB save files.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So now the question is why isn't Team Cyclops doing anything about this?
Imagine putting so much effort into bypassing anti-piracy, only to get beaten by a simple issue like this.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Bowser-jr said:
I'm trying to activate stealth mode out to see if it works but it will not start stealth mode.

I had that happen to me on a game, seeing as this Stealth Mode is new i think we're gonna have to wait to see when we have to activate it,

as Rayder said, "it's only a few specific games that it works with"

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By now Stealth Mode should be automatic. If it doesn't turn on itself then it shouldn't be needed.

And don't try to use it on old games. It's useless (or even bad) for them.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
sfg said:
By now Stealth Mode should be automatic. If it doesn't turn on itself then it shouldn't be needed.

thank you, i didn't realise it was automatically activated when required

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not completely sure, mind you. However, I noticed it was activated automatically on the European version of Migh&Magic. We will see when more games that use this protection appear.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that stealth mode is disabled for games that are already patched by the loader. If the loader doesn't recognize the game it will enable stealth mode if it thinks it's necessary, but if the game doesn't work and stealth mode is not automatically enabled you can enable it manually.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Destructobot said:
My understanding is that stealth mode is disabled for games that are already patched by the loader. If the loader doesn't recognize the game it will enable stealth mode if it thinks it's necessary, but if the game doesn't work and stealth mode is not automatically enabled you can enable it manually.

I'm beginning to understand this new mode a lot more now, thank you for the explanation

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can force a game to be loaded with Stealth Mode by holding Start while choosing the game. I really doubt the Cyclo can automatically detect which games will need Stealth Mode or not, which is why the manual option is there in the first place.
Like sfg said, don't bother to use it on old games that don't need it. In fact, I got an error -2 when I tried using it on WarioWare Touched.

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jackthelad said:
Bowser-jr said:
I'm trying to activate stealth mode out to see if it works but it will not start stealth mode.

I had that happen to me on a game, seeing as this Stealth Mode is new i think we're gonna have to wait to see when we have to activate it,

as Rayder said, "it's only a few specific games that it works with"

ah, okay, thanks

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow! they really have every current game working then? cool. ill go update now. oh, and this "stealth mode" doesn't seem TOO amazing... but the name sure is cool. i'm pirating... in STEALTH MODE
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F