Hacking CycloDS Evolution v1.5 BETA 4 released.

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
Nice a new Firmware can't wait for the final release
yaynds.gif

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chrono_Tata said:
Great update. Has anyone tested the battery saver function on how much it actually saves yet?

Now I hope they'd get on that GUI overhaul they've been talking about, or at least give us the ability to mod the folder icon, which really bugs me.

i'm sure they made a thread on their forums stating that they would work on that when they come up with the final version of the firmware

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is TC adding features for GBA support when they know the DSi is on it's way and they should concentrate more on the card itself than doing anything more with GBA support, because soon when the DSi is released it's not going to work with it. So why bother now?

Also, with the extra RAM on the DSi, there's probably going to be a GBA emulator for it anyways that it doesn't require a Slot 2 card.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Not everyone is going to upgrade to the DSi. When the thing actually comes out they can look at the possibility of GBA emulation, which I still seriously doubt even the DSi will be able to do.

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Link5084 said:
with the extra RAM on the DSi, there's probably going to be a GBA emulator for it anyways that it doesn't require a Slot 2 card.

speculation, you wont know until its confirmed by a credible source

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is strange.

I just updated to this BETA and when I go into my GBA folder, my GBA ROMs are not there.

I check to see if there is anything in the settings and there is no option to turn GBA support on.

Anyone else have this problem?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Why is TC adding features for GBA support when they know the DSi is on it's way and they should concentrate more on the card itself than doing anything more with GBA support, because soon when the DSi is released it's not going to work with it. So why bother now?

Also, with the extra RAM on the DSi, there's probably going to be a GBA emulator for it anyways that it doesn't require a Slot 2 card.
its not ram dependent
it mainly CPU when dealing with emulators and the DS's / DSi's isnt exactly a powerhorse when it comes to that department
even for the PSP took a while for GBA emulation to get full on almost all games, people though the same thing when the PSP slim came out with double the ram, for the N64 emu, the coder said it wouldnt make a difference

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
justmike said:
This is strange.

I just updated to this BETA and when I go into my GBA folder, my GBA ROMs are not there.

I check to see if there is anything in the settings and there is no option to turn GBA support on.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'll answer my question, because I found it out...

In the config file, change the 0 to 1: 1

After that, your GBA ROMs will show
yaypsp.gif

Johnboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I have heard, GBA emulation is impossible to run 100% on a Nintendo DS. I mean, I can't even play emulated SNES games without audio glitches and graphics problems(Hello, Super Metroid).

Isn't there some law or formula that states how much power something needs to emulate something else? I remember seeing something like that somewhere, but I can't remember it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive heard the system must be over 7 times more powerful then the system you want to emulate
its only what I heard though, its probably more

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wow, wtf. Really? I have that one program called CycloEdit for my PC... it's supposed to look for updates on its own and download them straight to my card. It always works without fail...but I guess it skipped Beta v4... I'll check.

Strange... I just tried again and it thinks Beta 3 is the latest firmware. Ah well, I just finished downloading it through Seven's link.

Seven

oh hell no
OP
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, CycloEdit isn't especially reliable for firmware upgrades, even less beta ones; I've tried before and got the same results as you. I really only use the program to back up .sav files and update my cheat database. For firmware updates, there's really no other option but to look around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom