Hacking Cyclo DS Evolution poor quality?

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For those who have the card, how is the sticker quality. From pictures it looks like a piece of paper.

It's a sticker. What more do you want? I know it's nice to have a pretty looking flashcart but the most I can say about it is that it's average. Nothing special. Yes, it's paper. And it's white. And it has some people on the front.

- Sam
Exactly how I feel. It's just a flashcart. If it was just a piece of Green PCB that you put in your DS (and it looked ugly), I wouldn't care. Well... I would but not a lot as long as it did what it was supposed to do.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop your whining heliuscc. I have a few flash carts, and the R4 is by far my least favorite.

Just because you had the bad luck with microsd reader, doesn't mean the CycloDS is a bad cart.

Grow up...

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And it has some people on the front.

- Sam

Very strange people at that
smile.gif

platypusrme427

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had no problem with my cyclods so far. I already have my own Sandisk usb card reader so I can't really complain about the card reader. All of the games I've played worked perfectly, and the quality of this card is perfectly fine. I really think that after a few more updates with action replay, and if they can get realtime saving to work, this card will be one of the best flashcards you can buy.

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
Im planning to get this so hopefully the build quality is good, however

stop complaining about the microSD reader, its a freebie what do you expect? throw it away and get a real reader

I want to hear the build quality about the card, not the useless reader

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude...the build quality of this cart is great. It's almost as solid as the DS-Linker is, and I think that's the most solid cart out right now.

I'm glad you're not letting one cry baby deter you from buying an excellent cart.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
I buy a CycloDS in a shop and it was one bad. CycloTeam offers me a replacement in a day but i go back to the shop at the same time and after a short test ( no detection on boot ) they gave me a new one. It works like a charm since and i'm pretty happy with it. it works also with my G6 lite as Slot-2 very well including direct boot to this one and browser support.

Concerning the reader, first price card reader are often poor stuff and i've got a lot of them. I use my good old 10$ multicards reader for a while with no probs at all.
The one shipped with the cycloDS works perfectly on writing to card but seems to be not so confident in reading under stress so i throw it back to the box after a extensive test with Flash Memory Toolkit.

I was mainly looking for full download play support and Micro SDHC card support not to mention the very good games AND homebrew compatibility and some others enhanced features (slow motion, DLDI auto patching, cheat support, custom skins...)

I can only second Shaunj66 conclusion : "I'd definitely recommend the cart to anyone seeking a slot-1 flash kit, but if you're already content with your current slot-1 solution, unless you're really interested in one of the above features, you should perhaps think twice before considering migrating. But if you're in the market for a feature rich slot-1 solution, I'd suggest you consider the CycloDS Evolution." ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: