cwcheat tutorial

yeah sorry if this is confusing but here i go on my first tutorial

This tutorial is to teach you how to install, and use CWcheat. It is a plugin that allows you to use cheats in game for PSP, and PS Classic games.

A Hacked PSP on CFW GEN, M33, or 6.20 TN HEN
A computer with a internet connection
A Memory Stick Duo

Step 1: Download the CWCheat plugin for your firmware.
M33, and GEN 6.20 TN HEN

Step 2: Open the file you downloaded in Step 1, using programs like Winrar, and 7-Zip to extract the files.

Step 3: Once extracted, connect your PSP to your computer, and copy the seplugins folder to root of your PSP. Don't over write the game.txt, game150.txt, or the pops.txt if Windows asks instead open up the three text files and copy paste the following line in and save. ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1 If you're using a PSPGo copy paste the following line ef0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1.

Below are pictures of the files you should have on your PSP.

Capture5.JPG

Inside the SEPLUGINS folder.

Capture6.JPG

Inside the CWCheat folder.

Step 4: Unplug your PSP from the computer, and turn it off completely. (Hold the power button for 10 seconds.)

Step 5: While holding the PSP's R button, turn back on your PSP.

Step 6: A menu should pop up. You can release the R button, and scroll down to "Plugins".

Step 7: Press X, and you should see "cwcheat.prx, and cwcheatpops.prx" enabled. If they aren't scroll over to them, and press X again. They should now say "Enabled".

Step 8: Scroll to the word "Back", and press X. Then scroll down to "Leave Recovery Menu", or something similar.

Capture4.JPG

Here's what the menu looks like.

When you have CWCheat installed, launch a game. Wait for it to load entirely, and hold the select button for about 5 seconds. A menu should pop up, go to the "Select Cheats" option and select whatever cheats you want on. Once done, go back to the main menu go to the option "Enable Cheats", and press the right button till it says "Enable Cheats [Y]". Now hold select again, to leave the menu. Enjoy your cheats.

cwcheat.jpg

A picture of the CWCheat main menu.

now here is how you update the database manually(i will not tell you how to make the codes either figure that out yourself or look up the codes using google also if you use google to find cheats type in the game name followed by cwcheat.)

step 1:cheat database download this file it is a cheat data base editor to add games and codes to games. if you downloaded this file in step 1 of getting cwcheat ignor this step

step 2: if the game is not in the db you will want to add the game yourself if you use the cwcheat editor included you right click cwcheat.db and choose add game a window will open asking for game name and sony code the name matters not but sony code matters so if you dont know the sony code you can figure it out at site like gfaqs in the game data tab.(sorry thats the only site i can think of that has sony codes) after you do this the new game will be at the bottom

Capture.JPG

step 3:adding codes part 1: on the game you wish to add the code to right click it and select add code name. this will be what the code is listed as so be careful.

Capture2.JPG

step 3:adding codes part 2:once you add the code name you want you need to click on this new code name and click add code. i will not tell you where to get the code or how to make them google is your best friend.(note if the code has more than one line you will need to add as many code to code name as there are lines to the code)

Capture3.JPG
well thats all there is too it if you want me to add a tutorial to adding code using word pad and noteppad just tell me (though i might just for the sake of not leaving something half done)

also sorry for where i uploaded i usually use mediafire but the site wasnt working.

also you will need 7zip to open the archive so once again i apologize

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, it's messy.

Clean it up, add pictures if you can, and use formatting to keep it nice looking (kinda the same as the first point, but more specific
tongue.gif
). Try to keep the wording straight forward too. Like on the first step, just mention that the PSP needs to be hacked. Commentary isn't needed when teaching people unless you know it will be beneficial.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Honestly, it's messy.

Clean it up, add pictures if you can, and use formatting to keep it nice looking (kinda the same as the first point, but more specific
tongue.gif
). Try to keep the wording straight forward too. Like on the first step, just mention that the PSP needs to be hacked. Commentary isn't needed when teaching people unless you know it will be beneficial.
sorry im new to this i will clean it up and how to you choose what spoilers say instead of spoilers?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest screen shots for editing the database so that people know for sure (text isn't always enough). Bold the steps to help distinguish between them more, and try to separate important information such as file paths from just the general lines of explanation.

Just suggestions of course. Feel free to make it how you will. I don't want to feel like I'm making this for you.

DarkShinigami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I would suggest screen shots for editing the database so that people know for sure (text isn't always enough). Bold the steps to help distinguish between them more, and try to separate important information such as file paths from just the general lines of explanation.

Just suggestions of course. Feel free to make it how you will. I don't want to feel like I'm making this for you.
thanks for the sugguestion as i stated tis my first time making a guide

yes another update pics added to help with explaining

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm feeling generous, and I kinda felt like showing you a sorta good How-To that you can Copypasta into the first post if you'd like.
happy.gif

This tutorial is to teach you how to install, and use CWcheat. It is a plugin that allows you to use cheats in game for PSP, and PS Classic games.

A Memory Stick Duo

M33, and GEN 6.20 TN HEN

Step 2: Open the file you downloaded in Step 1, using programs like Winrar, and 7-Zip to extract the files.

Step 3: Once extracted, connect your PSP to your computer, and copy the seplugins folder to root of your PSP. Don't over write the game.txt, game150.txt, or the pops.txt if Windows asks instead open up the three text files and copy paste the following line in and save. ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1 If you're using a PSPGo copy paste the following line ef0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1.

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Step 4: Unplug your PSP from the computer, and turn it off completely. (Hold the power button for 10 seconds.)

Step 6: A menu should pop up. You can release the R button, and scroll down to "Plugins".

Step 7: Press X, and you should see "cwcheat.prx, and cwcheatpops.prx" enabled. If they aren't scroll over to them, and press X again. They should now say "Enabled".

Step 8: Scroll to the word "Back", and press X. Then scroll down to "Leave Recovery Menu", or something similar.

Capture4.JPG

When you have CWCheat installed, launch a game. Wait for it to load entirely, and hold the select button for about 5 seconds. A menu should pop up, go to the "Select Cheats" option and select whatever cheats you want on. Once done, go back to the main menu go to the option "Enable Cheats", and press the right button till it says "Enable Cheats [Y]". Now hold select again, to leave the menu. Enjoy your cheats.

cwcheat.jpg

DarkShinigami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
I'm feeling generous, and I kinda felt like showing you a sorta good How-To that you can Copypasta into the first post if you'd like.
happy.gif

A Memory Stick Duo

M33, and GEN 6.20 TN HEN

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture4.JPG

cwcheat.jpg

why you say copypasta that my saying and thanks i may use some of this to neaten my guide up a bit

mind if i use all that fix up you did there(i wont feel right if i use it without asking)

stardragonfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a hacked psp on CFW Gen. I followed exactly what the instructions were. I enabled the cheats and when I started playing the game, nothing happened when I held down Select. I tried re downloading and I checked to make sure that the txt was right and it was. Everything seemed to be in order but the cheat menu just doesn't activate when I play my game. :(

Oh yes and another thing. The game150 doesn't show up in my plugins. I tried looking up for the solution to my problem but the answer never came and I'm stumped.

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sorry for the offtopic, but is that your PSP on the pictures? If yes, what silicone case/protection are you using and from where did you order it? (Link please ! :D)
I got mine from the infamous Extremedeals and it just doesn't fit to my psp 3000 : < Oh yeah, what PSP is that? xD

Sorry for the offtopic again.

I'll check this guide out once I finish with Dissidia and get to start my Disgaea 2 (that game is way too much grinding for me without 2x XP rates >.

xX DRACO ICE Xx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason, I don't see GAME150.txt in the recovery menu... I want to be able to use PS1 cheats...
PSP 1000 CFW 6.20 PRO B-10
I press and hold select in the PS1 game, but the menu does not appear.

LouAllet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason, I don't see GAME150.txt in the recovery menu... I want to be able to use PS1 cheats...
PSP 1000 CFW 6.20 PRO B-10
I press and hold select in the PS1 game, but the menu does not appear.

got the same problem here.. i installed everything according to the instructions but whenever i press and hold select during gameplay on a ps1 game, nothing happens.. the cheat menu doesn't show up at all.. anyone can help me out on this? thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1