CWCheat Freezes?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Spartan117H3, Jun 21, 2009.

Jun 21, 2009

CWCheat Freezes? by Spartan117H3 at 12:56 AM (3,251 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Spartan117H3
    OP

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Whenever I try to load cheats on my PSP 3000 CFW 5.03 GEN-A, it freezes online and offline. It even kicked me off Socom online for a day saying that it detected hacks. I've tried multiple games too. Also, what's the difference between CWCheat and nitePR? I heard nitePR might be better, anyone have a link for that?

2. Cavedude

Member Cavedude GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well ofcourse there gonna catch you for cheats lol. And im not sure, but maybe try downloading it and reinstalling again?

3. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    No, definetly not, I've seen other people use it fine without freezing or being caught. There are ways to bypass it as Socom doesn't update their scans, well haven't in a long long time. Also, reinstalling it won't work as I've tried, I've even tried many different versions of CWCheat.

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Bad cheat codes. Enable them one at a time (as in try the first, if all ok then disable that one and enable the second etc...) to confirm each one is good. CWCheat is great but the code database isn't the greatest in the world.

5. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    I've started using nitePR instead as I heard it was better/had more features, but the same things happen. I've tried 5 of the codes and got fed up of restarting HEN, GEN-A and Socom. Is there any place where I can get confirmed working codes for nitePR?

6. Excellentnuke

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You have to look around since nitePR isn't as supported as much as far as I know. You can try looking up a tool to convert CWCheat codes to nitePR.

7. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Yeah there is a tool for that but since CWCheat codes are all in one txt file, it doesn't convert properly. NitePR uses the format of "GameID.txt" and I'd have to do each and every game manually. I've switched to codePR since it uses the same format for nitePR. I also figured out why it was freezing when I was googling Socom codes, I found out that theres a "Anti freeze" code T_T. I feel kind of dumb, then again, it wasn't in the CWCheat or the NitePR code list until I put it in.

8. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Aha! I found the problem.

Stop cheating in multiplayer games you twit. [​IMG]

As for any offline issues you may be having, try switching to CFWe. 5.03GEN-A is nice as a first attempt, but it has never been updated and has some bugs that CFWe resolved.

9. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Erm, I mostly wanted a colored username online which for some reason can only be obtained by hacks.

Also, what's the difference between CFWe and GEN-A? Which one is better? I assume by CFWe you mean Custom Firmware Enabler 3.50 which is the newest one I could find? After some researching, I found that CFWe is actually like CFW as in it can brick your PSP if turned off while flashing, does this mean the CFWe is permanent in the sense that it stays on even after turning off the PSP? What do you put in the "Pops files go here"? I mean I know, Pops files, but what are they, etc.

10. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

CFWe and Gen-A both accomplish the same thing: allow you to run plugins and load ISOs from memory sticks. The difference between the two amounts to little else besides the fact that Gen-A has some bugs in it (particularly relating to the settings/recovery menu) that CFWe has fixed, and that CFWe has a full GUI making it easier to install/uninstall/configure. At this point since Gen-A has not been updated beyond its initial release, you're better off going with CFWe since it has fewer outstanding (known) bugs than Gen-A. Accordingly, it's easier to find knowledgeable support for it.

CFWe and Gen-A accomplish their installation via the same method (writing additional support files to flash0) so both are minor bricking risks in the second it takes to write said files. Neither one is a full Custom Firmware, as those support files can not be auto-loaded by the PSP - it's not currently possible to safely overwrite the primary files that compose the PSP firmware, and as such it's not possible to tell the PSP to auto-load anything. So both are temporary hacks, you need to load ChickHEN and then load CFWe, just like you do today with Gen-A.

For the purpose of replacing Gen-A with CFWe, you'll need to make sure you have CFWe uninstall Gen-A (while running ChickHEN but not Gen-A) before installing CFWe. There's an option in the CFWe loader menu to do this.

As for the Pops files, they're for the PSP's PS1 emulator. I don't play any PS1 games, so I can't comment on the matter.

One final thing: make sure you're installing CWCheats correctly. You should be using the latest version (0.2.2 Rev D) and need only copy the contents of the INSTALL folder to the root of your memory stick. It comes with a cheat database, but that database is fairly old, so you probably want to grab a new copy of it from the CWCheats site, and put it in ms0:\seplugins\cwcheat\

After you enable the CWCheats plugin via the CFWe loader configuration screen, you should be good to go.

11. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    I was using the latest version of CWCheat. You're referring to CFWE version 3.5 right? Which is what I found to be the latest but I could be wrong so some confirmation would be nice. I found out that CWCheats codes even from the site are old too, I started using coderPR, the "modded nitePR". The only problem is I have to manually find codes for each game, shouldn't be a problem if I only look for codes for my games. Oh and to install, you just put the CFWEnabler folder in the ms0:/PSP/GAME folder right? Also, how do I completely uninstall GEN-A? I've removed the files installed in the root but the Install-Loader icon is still there. Oh yeah, can you tell me what settings to use? Under Settings->Configuration-> I currently have:
    Hide Corrupt Icons: Disabled
    Autorun program: Enabled
    UMD Mode: Sony NP9660
    Fake region: Disabled
    Use VSHMenu: Enabled
    USB Charge: Disabled
    Free UMD Region: Disabled
    CFWEnabler Online Update: Enabled
    Hide Pic0 and Pic1: Disabled
    Use Version.txt: Disabled
    MS Speed Up: Never
    Spoof MAC address in XMB: Disabled

Under Settings->CPU Speed->
    VSH Speed: 333/166
    Game Speed: 333/166

Are these all fine? What does MS Speed Up do and should I change it?

12. xist

United Kingdom
    It speeds up access to the Memory Stick after Sony broke it in firmware 3.80 and up.

13. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Lol, Sony broke it, so should I set it to always?

14. xist

United Kingdom
    That's what i do.

15. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Why does it have extra plugins in the Settings->Plugins-> menu? It shows:
    PspPowerSave.prx [GAME] On
    [GAME] Off
    coderPR.prx [GAME] On
    [GAME] Off
    antiboot.prx [GAME] Off

What's with the 2 "[GAME]" plugins? It didn't show up on the GEN-A CFW.