Hacking Custom System Menu Help

SONYEDDIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was messing with cmnbutton.ash, and put in an image for my_combtn_a and b, and the image gets distorted, kind of chopped up, and it affects the lower portion of the system menu, looking chopped up as well. I don't know what's causing this. I don't know if I need to modify some other tpl to fix it or what. Same thing happens when I resize the picture for use with my arw b and my arw a. Picture posted below. In addition, which files do I modify to set a channel background, I'm sure it has to do with ChanSel.ash. I just want a still picture.

Thanks if you can help. Picture is below.
100_0886.jpg

SONYEDDIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's the compression because when I use the same compressor for my cursor, my cursor image is fine. And the cursor image is still fine after the cmnbutton change. Aside from that, I use u8pack to compress my tpls into their respective .ash files.And then u8 tool to pack the .app file. Do you use some different compressor then? Or is there an option somewhere that you need to select?

bebs

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
your pic has to be in bmp and don t forget to set transparency.

use black/blue for your background pic.

SONYEDDIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pic is .bmp when I convert it, and the transparency I set is black. I treat it like the .tpl I use for the cursor. And the cursor turns out fine (as you can see in the picture shown, it's the little character in white with the number one on it) and is transparent where it needs to be. I can tell the cmnbutton transparency is working too from what is showing on the wii, just the picture itself is distorted (along with the system menu on the bottom, the envelope is distorted if you look at the picture I show in the first post. So I don't think there's a problem with that.

SONYEDDIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, thought it might be my picture, so I used the default one the wii has, but put a letter over them, and I still get the same problem. Do I have to modify all the other arrows I find in the other tpls other than the cmnbttn?

Also, on an attempt to change the background of a channel (unused) I modified
my_TV_c_p0.tpl ...p1, ...p2. ....p3, and the only difference it makes is that it takes off the "wii" in the background of the empty channel, but that's it. So I don't know what specifically to modify to get the channel background to show.

Thanks if you can help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw