Custom soundtracks through SD?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by UVERoo, Jan 23, 2011.

Jan 23, 2011
  1. UVERoo
    OP

Newcomer UVERoo Advanced Member

United States
    Notice: I have zero experience and will never be able to do this. [​IMG]

It's just a question. Only 2 games support this feature. (Excite Truck, Endless Ocean) Would it ever be possible to load some kinda of homebrew to enable music? Best feature of the 360 imo and I really wish every system had this. Fighters, racers, and sports are games are perfect for this. Even something like the No More Heroes would benefit. I played the game listening to Boom Boom Satellites and it was amazing.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    ...in games that don't normally support music? No...I don't think so. The wii has pretty much zero multitasking options, so having something running in the background will be hard at the very least.

I heard something about sneek working on a screenshot-option for games, so it might not be totally impossible. But then again, sneek (which basically emulates your wii on your wii) isn't the most easy platform to code stuff in. All in all, I'd say it's easier to just use another way to get your music playing (hi-fi installation or MP3-player).

3. You could do that, the way they do it on super smash bros with music replacement, but the problem is you'd have to do a bunch of convert and programming just to do that. It's possible but I don't really think enough people care.

4. MigueelDnd

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Brawl can easily do this with the PhantomWings code, loading custom tracks(music) through the SD. It's pretty easy, and you can also mod characters and stages.

5. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Riivolution does this sort of thing, you would need the music in the format the game uses though, so not mp3s etc.