Custom ROM - Luma

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by tedioferreira, Nov 4, 2018.

1. tedioferreira
    OP

tedioferreira Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Hello, I'm trying to install the custom delta emerald (can't link it 'cause I am a newbie, but if you search "ORAS delta emerald rom hack" you can find the forum thread)
    It uses a .xdelta to patch the original romfs.bin file, and them use it with HANS.

I've done everything requested, but HANS isn't opening anymore, searching i found out it got obsolete. So I'm trying to figure out how to do it with luma

I've luma installed but I can't find a way to apply the modded "romfs.bin" with luma, can someone help me?
    already tried the folder [luma/title/titleID (in this case AlphaSapphire ID)/romfs] but nothing changed.
    Luma version = v9.1
    System version = 11.8

Thank you very much!

2. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    When booting up the console hold Select and make sure "Enable game patching" is selected on the menu

3. tedioferreira
    OP

tedioferreira Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Already enabled.
    Forgot to mention at the beginning, sorry!

froggestspirit likes this.
  4. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    Does the screen flash green when booting alpha sapphire? (I can't remember if luma does this, but I think it did when applying SD redirection)

5. tedioferreira
    OP

tedioferreira Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Nope, the game just boot up just normal, without the custom mod applied.
    I read in somewhere that luma 9,1 doesn't use romfs binary files like HANS since version 6.6, just the full romfs folder, but I can't find a way to mod the entire folder, just the .bin file

6. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    You need to extract the ROMFS.bin and then take the unarchived folder of the same name and put it in that directory. As you said Luma can't read compressed binaries as redirects other than the MUCH smaller code.bin (and that's even buggy, that's why we use IPS patches now).... Anyway you can extract it with CTRTool or 3DSTool, or Asia81'a HackingToolKit, etc.

ConKonner likes this.