Custom ROM for GS3?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Gaming4Ever, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Gaming4Ever
    OP

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States
    Have a Galaxy S3 i've been using as backup for a while its been running C-ROM on it.........but recently its been bugging out acting weird Rebooting at random times and has started Lagging like a Mutha

So any good Suggestions for Custom Roms?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Cyanogen Mod is always nice.

Nameless ROM is built off of Cyanogen, it's what I use on my Galaxy S4 and it runs beautifully and offers quite a few customizations.

Paranoid Android is nice if you love customizing everything ever.

Just depends on what you want I guess, browse around XDA Forums and look at all the various ROMs, pick one that will work for you.

Minox likes this.
  3. Gaming4Ever
    OP

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States
    Yeah is there any advantage between a 4.3 and 4.4 ROM?

I'm kinda leaning toward a 4.4.4.ROM with good Battery performance.......or a good App for keeping everything running Jelly

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    I use CyanogenMod on my S3 and it works pretty well. You'd probably want a 4.4 rom since that's KitKat, and most new developments are only happening on that version right now. For instance, if you have a Chromecast you can use MirrorEnabler to cast your screen to the TV, but only if you're on KitKat or higher.

One thing to note if you decide to go with a 4.4 rom: UPDATE YOUR RECOVERY SOFTWARE FIRST. Whether that's ClockWorkMod or TeamWin Recovery Project, they need to be updated to a certain level or else a KitKit rom installation will brick the phone. Learned that one from experience, heh. I personally used the "TWRP manager" app to update it the most official way I could find.

5. Gaming4Ever
    OP

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States
    Yeah I got TWRP Recovery 6.7 I believe which should be up to date......believe me good Sir I've had to deal with Bricks before also :P

Which is a good Chromecast/DLNA to use in conjunction with my PS3 thru Droid?

6. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    I use Hyperdrive, but need something new. Also, preferably something which saves more battery...