Gaming4Ever

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a Galaxy S3 i've been using as backup for a while its been running C-ROM on it.........but recently its been bugging out acting weird Rebooting at random times and has started Lagging like a Mutha

So any good Suggestions for Custom Roms?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Cyanogen Mod is always nice.

Nameless ROM is built off of Cyanogen, it's what I use on my Galaxy S4 and it runs beautifully and offers quite a few customizations.

Paranoid Android is nice if you love customizing everything ever.

Just depends on what you want I guess, browse around XDA Forums and look at all the various ROMs, pick one that will work for you.

Reactions: Minox

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah is there any advantage between a 4.3 and 4.4 ROM?

I'm kinda leaning toward a 4.4.4.ROM with good Battery performance.......or a good App for keeping everything running Jelly

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use CyanogenMod on my S3 and it works pretty well. You'd probably want a 4.4 rom since that's KitKat, and most new developments are only happening on that version right now. For instance, if you have a Chromecast you can use MirrorEnabler to cast your screen to the TV, but only if you're on KitKat or higher.

One thing to note if you decide to go with a 4.4 rom: UPDATE YOUR RECOVERY SOFTWARE FIRST. Whether that's ClockWorkMod or TeamWin Recovery Project, they need to be updated to a certain level or else a KitKit rom installation will brick the phone. Learned that one from experience, heh. I personally used the "TWRP manager" app to update it the most official way I could find.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I got TWRP Recovery 6.7 I believe which should be up to date......believe me good Sir I've had to deal with Bricks before also :P

Which is a good Chromecast/DLNA to use in conjunction with my PS3 thru Droid?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT